Released in July, the ComColor X1 Series, the world's fastest cut-sheet inkjet color printer, will make its North American debut at the show
BURLINGTON, Mass – RISO, Inc. today announced they will put the new ComColor X1 Series high-speed, full-color inkjet printers center stage at the up-coming PRINT 13 trade show in Chicago. The ComColor X1 Series not only offers the industry’s highest productivity and pinnacle reliability, but is further supported by a cadre of optional production accessories that make for a number of configurations that are ideal for any printing operation. Combined with its low cost of ownership and even lower power consumption needs, the ComColor X1 Series printers are sure to be the standard for digital production at the show. RISO will be exhibiting five different ComColor X1 high-production solutions in their booth (#544) beginning September 8th. For more information, go to http://us.riso.com.
“While the speed and quality of the ComColor X1 Series make these printers standout, it’s the production accessories we’ve specifically engineered for each system that offers the most value add and ROI,” notes Richard Mattina, National Director of Marketing & Business Development, RISO. “From feeding to finishing, the RISO ComColor Accessories enable each production manager to tailor our offerings to their unique and specific manufacturing needs. Each tool is designed to automate, accelerate, and simplify production tasks to ensure jobs flow to plan.
“Since the series’ introduction in July, we’ve seen a growing groundswell of enthusiasm as we’ve begun to see customers benefit from the hard work of our R&D, marketing and sales teams. PRINT 13 promises to be the ideal sales platform for showing off how valuable a production tool these printers can be for even the smallest of print environments. And combined with the RISO accessories, we feel we’re delivering a whole new level of automation and production sophistication to the marketplace.”
The New Optional Accessories
The RISO ComColor Accessories elevate the ComColor X1 Series printers from digital presses to near-complete production departments. From paper feeding, stapling, punching, and binding, to multi-functioning finishing each is engineered to minimize direct labor costs while maximizing productivity. These new optional production accessories include:
- High Capacity Feeder: The feeder ensures uninterrupted, unattended, high-volume print runs without frequent pauses for paper reloads.
- High Capacity Stacker: With less call for removal of printed output, personnel are free to be more productive in other areas. This option allows stacking of larger output volumes, and the stacker cart neatly and easily transports finished prints.
- Compact Stapling and Offset Stacking: The Face Down Offset Stapler complies with the print speed of 150 sheets per minute. This option is exclusively for offset stacking and stapling printed output. Combined with the Scanner HS5000 option, this configuration is ideal for office production departments such as MarCom and internal copy centers.
- Multifunction Finisher II: This finishing option offers stapling of up to 100 sheets, hole punching in various international formats, inward and outward folding, and a feature for booklet making which can automate saddle stitch stapling of up to 60 pages or 15 sheets. For many operations, the Multifunction Finisher is a complete finishing department.
- Scanner HS5000: Combined with the auto feeder, users can automate scanning of double-sided originals of up to 100 sheets of paper at a time. Documents can be quickly and easily copied, scanned and stored in PDF, TIFF, and JPEG formats for archiving and job management.
The ComColor X1 Series
RISO offers five printers in the X1 Series for varying in-house production needs. Each is engineered to meet specific format, throughput, and production requirements. The ComColor X1 Series printer “50” models offer multiple paper trays for varying output needs on the fly:
- ComColor 9150: Offers the highest level of cut-sheet throughput in the industry, capable of full-color printing of 150 ppm or 1,000 full-color A4/letter long-edge feed simplex pages in just 6.5 minutes (compared to 25 minutes for conventional color office printers). This high-speed printer outputs in sizes up to A3/ Ledger format.
- ComColor 7110/7150: Delivers full-color high-speed printing of 120 ppm or 1,000 full-color A4/letter long-edge feed simplex pages in just 8.3 minutes (25 minutes for conventional color office printers). This printer is also compatible with output in sizes up to A3/ Ledger formats.
- ComColor 3110/3150: Engineered for small conventional print environments requiring A4/ Legal formatted output, these full-color high-speed printers deliver an impressive 90 ppm.
RISO heatless imaging technology and a more direct paper path result in outstanding high-volume printing performance, as well as significant power savings, even when printing at high speeds. The ComColor printers are exceptionally eco-friendly and are ENERGY STAR Certified.