Saueressig-Flexo and adphos have developed jointly a flexible and powerful R2R process equipment for flexo based printing processes with integrated adphosNIR® photonic drying and curing.
The pilot facility does allow to operate
- variable speeds up to 40 m/min
- web/printed width up to 300 mm
- flexo printing and indirect rotogravure-printing
- adphosNIR® based drying and curing if needed, like different inks (water and/or solvent based)
- different web materials (paper, plastic films, metallic foils).
A significant characteristic of the facility is the extreme low ink content needed to run the line (even 5 ml does allow to print several turnarounds). With optimizations resulting from the printing-form-material, design, -structure and -surface by Sauer-essig-Flexo, as well as the adphosNIR® photonic curing, a minimum layer thickness with best conductivity can be determined.
The proper and reproducible process control does even allow a lower cost pilot production of PE, like RFID-antennas, functional inks etc.
The process parameters determined with the pilot facility does also allow to be easily transferred for a large scale processing line design.