Premium Private Label Media for Grand Format Inkjet Digital Printing Applications
WHEELING, IL – Midland Paper, Packaging and Supplies, one of North America's largest independent distributors of media for business communications, today announced the introduction of an extensive new portfolio of Digital Edge Grand Format Inkjet print media products. The new offering was developed with the meteoric expansion of Grand Format Inkjet printing in the commercial and digital printing sector in mind. According to InfoTrends, “signage and wide format graphics are an integral part of the marketing mix, and they represent an opportunity for print service providers to make an impression”. “Our commercial and digital printing customers are making substantial investments in Grand Format Inkjet technology”, said Mike Ratcliff, VP and General Manager for Midland’s Specialty Paper and Film Division. “Midland’s Grand Format Inkjet media offering is an extremely important addition for us to continue to add value and help support our customers’ opportunities for growth”.
Midland’s new Digital Edge Grand Format Inkjet product portfolio includes:
- Corrugated Plastic (Large Format) - Ideal for digital flatbed printers, Digital Edge Corrugated Plastic is a sturdy, fluted plastic board extruded from polypropylene. This product is more durable than corrugated fiberboard, lighter than wood, and both chemical and water resistant. Available in a variety of colors and thicknesses ranging from 2 mm to 10 mm, Digital Edge Corrugated Plastic can be die-cut, scored, glued, stitched and ultrasonically welded. It has a corona-treated surface (2 sides) for use in screen and digital printing and is great for 4-color process. This product is ideal for point-of-purchase displays and signs, and is suitable for both indoor and outdoor (up to 1 year) applications. Its fluted ribs support both surfaces, making Midland’s Digital Edge Corrugated Plastic lightweight, tough and abuse resistant.
- Foam Board - Digital Edge Foam Board is the choice for solvent and UV flatbed printers. Midland's line of polystyrene foam centered boards are produced using an "environmentally friendly" process. Harmful pollutants are not released into the atmosphere. Midland’s line of Foam Board Products include Foam Board with a Pressure Sensitive Facing, Foam Board with High Impact Polystyrene Facings (Outdoor applications) and Foam Board with a Rigid Core required for applications requiring more durable extra strong performance. Digital Edge Foam Board is available in thicknesses ranging from 1/8” to 3/16”. Applications include point-of-purchase displays, exhibits and signage. Products are offered in both white and black facings and white or black polystyrene cores.
- Grand Format Polystyrene - Digital Edge Grand Format Polystyrene is a premium quality, durable, print-grade product that ensures excellent ink receptivity for your screen and digital printing process. Midland’s High Impact Polystyrene (HIPS) Grand Format products are corona-treated both sides and engineered for UV digital printing as well as true solvent printers. Product features include UV inhibiting quality, a higher dyne level and improved impact. Polystyrene is extremely versatile and its relatively low cost makes it ideal for a wide range of large format graphics applications. This product is recyclable under Code 6.
- Expanded PVC Foam Board – Digital Edge Expanded PVC Foam Board is an innovative product from Midland that comes in 4’ x 8’ sheets in gauges ranging from 1 mm to 10 mm. Its homogenous core, rigidity, abrasion-resistant matte surface, chemical resistance and fire retardant capabilities make it the ideal material for indoor/outdoor POP displays, exhibits and graphic arts applications. This product is also available in colors in 3 mm and 6 mm sheets. Digital Edge Expanded PVC Foam Board requires virtually no surface preparation, is thermoformable and fade-resistant.
- Grand Format SBS Board – Midland’s Digital Edge Grand Format Solid Bleach Sulfate (SBS) Board is available C2S or C1S in thicknesses ranging from 12 Pt. to 50 Pt. and is excellent for multiple indoor uses. Recyclable and biodegradeable, this board produces excellent print quality.
"Just as we have for all of our Specialty Paper and Film media products, Midland is committed to being the 'best in class' provider of products and expertise for Grand Format Inkjet printing," stated Mike Ratcliff, Vice President and General Manager for Midland’s Specialty Paper and Film Division. "Our new Grand Format Inkjet portfolio is evidence of that commitment, combining an exceptional breadth of top quality products for high-demand applications with stellar customer service. The result is a complete solution that helps Midland customers open new doors of opportunity and profitability in today's rapidly growing Grand Format Inkjet print marketplace."