Toronto (ON), Canada - Zevrix Solutions today is proud to announce the release of PDF Checkpoint 1.5, a feature update of its solution to automate PDF preflighting and conversion. Remarkably fast, PDF Checkpoint automatically preflights, exports as images, splits and optimizes multiple Adobe PDF files. PDF Checkpoint is an ideal program for users who need a fast, affordable and easy to use solution for workflows that don't require costly hi-end production tools.
The new version introduces the following major improvements:
* The image parsing engine has been rewritten from the ground up, improving greatly the reliability of image info
* Spot colors and color profiles in images are now reported
* Enhanced PDF viewer
* Page and trim dimensions info
* Numerous fixes to improve the software performance and stability
PDF Checkpoint is designed to automate and simplify the PDF workflows of graphic designers, ad agencies, prepress houses and printers, and offers the following key features:
* Automate preflighting and conversion of multiple PDF files
* View all PDF fonts, colors, images and metadata at a glance
* Route files into success/error folders by preflight results
* Split files into single page PDFs
* Export PDF as images with specific resolution, color and page scale
For example, users can preflight a folder of PDF files and convert successful ones to CMYK TIFF images at resolution 300 dpi while scaling each page by 50%. Or optimize documents for the web and reduce PDF file size dramatically by downsampling images to screen resolution.
Pricing and availability:
PDF Checkpoint can be purchased from the Zevrix Solutions website for $59.95 (USD), as well as from authorized resellers. PDF Checkpoint is bundled with free Graphic Inspector software (a $39.95 value). The update is free to licensed users. Trial is also available for download. PDF Checkpoint is available for Mac OS X 10.5-10.8 as a Universal Binary.