Quark 6.0 Fundamentals Online Training Course Now Available
Press release from the issuing company
StaffingTools.com, the leading provider of personalized, affordable and comprehensive online testing and training for graphic arts, today announces the availability of Quark 6.0 Fundamentals. The 24/7 accessible course, which is automatically customized to continually correlate with individual progress, is available through www.staffingtools.com for an introductory cost of $99.95 until March 31, 2004.
This course will teach users to prepare print-ready files using the newest features of QuarkXPress 6.0, a powerful layout software with an intuitive, versatile interface that allows users to combine writing, editing, and typography with color and pictures to produce dynamic final output.
In this course, users will learn to:
• Create projects and build documents while utilizing frames, colors, inks and text
• Utilize new menus, palettes, preferences and layout spaces.
• Manage text, format type and use varying text styles
• Create and Edit tables
• Edit elements including pictures, master pages, runarounds and paths
• Prepare for print by eliminating extra colors, checking style sheets and using spell check.
• Collect for output and choose print styles
• Draft Postscript and PDF files directly from QuarkXPress
24/7 Unlimited Access, 365 Days
All StaffingTools Prepress Training courses are offered online and are available from any computer with an Internet connection. With a unique ID and password, subscribers can access their account for training and review, 24/7, for an entire year. To maximize their training experience, users perform a series of steps that assess initial product knowledge and improvement derived from training.
• Step 1: Users take a pre-test with multiple-choice and practical questions that require them to perform actual job tasks in the simulated application.
• Step 2: Based on test results, the StaffingTools Learning Management System (LMS) creates a custom curriculum for each user, providing training only in areas unfamiliar to the user.
• Step 3: Users take a post-test. Those who improve from pre- to post-test receive a printable certificate of completion.
Limited Time Discount & Full Prepress Training Solutions Library Access
Full year access to Quark 6.0 Fundamentals is only $99.95 per user through March 31, 2004. Regular pricing for this course is $149.95.
The new course will also be available through StaffingTools’ prepress and graphics library, which includes more than 40 courses for the prepress and graphic arts professional. Annual 24/7 access to the Prepress and Graphics Library is available at $300 per user, with volume and educational discount rates available.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.