On November 22 in Poznan, Poland, PrintCity Alliance members manroland, Sun Chemical, UPM, Cofely, M-real and Weilburger Graphics presented their shared knowledge about sheetfed printing & packaging under the event headline: Challenges in Modern Packaging Production with a special focus on Safe Food Packaging.
Highlights of the seminar
With an audience of around 30 leading Polish executives from packaging printers and several journalists, event moderator Jacek Hammerlinski led the audience and speakers in a workshop style discussion. Highlights of the day included in depth discussions about:
· Opportunities and issues in modern food packaging techniques, including lean production and low migration ink capabilities
· Advantages of UV varnishes, including press applications and UV drying
· Lightweight carton boards compared to other conventional boards
· RFID techniques and how they can assist efficiency in production
· Value Added Packaging and the benefits for all
Audience feedback was very good, with approval for the intimate workshop style of the event, which allowed very good interaction with the speakers. This was the second PrintCity Alliance in Poland, following the initial Warsaw event in November 2010.
PrintCity Seminars – The Benefits
PrintCity seminars offer a unique opportunity to gain valuable process knowledge on packaging production best practice, consumables and opportunities to attain real business benefits. All technology providers in the process chain freely share their knowledge to answer audience questions.
More information on future PrintCity events can be found at this web page: http://www.printcity.de/index.php?site_id=361