Enfocus has licensed its PitStop technology to ONYX Graphics, Inc. ONYX Graphics is this week introducing the SmartApps™ PitStop Pro plug-in for Adobe® Acrobat®, giving wide-format shops the ability to optimize productivity by eliminating the time-consuming steps required to correct client-supplied PDF files that have color, font or other problems that cause incorrect output.
"The new SmartApps PitStop Pro plug-in gives operators the ability to move to a dependable PDF workflow, regardless of the file source," says Danielle Mattiussi, Director of Product Marketing for ONYX Graphics."SmartApps PitStop Pro plug-in is a wide format PDF preflighting solution that catches many specific trouble areas and problems, and provides quick solutions, so print shops will no longer have to waste valuable prepress and production time managing this lack of predictability around issues such as transparencies, color or other print related issues."
Mattiussi says that design applications can create uncertainty in print production due to special effects such as drop shadows, spot colors and fonts. Client files that must be made print-ready by the print shop add time and cost to any given print job - time that can't always be billed back to the client.
"This exciting collaboration between Enfocus and ONYX Graphics brings Enfocus' market-leading technology to the wide and large-format graphics market segment, which is beginning to embrace PDF workflows," says Alex Hamilton, Director of Business Development, Enfocus. "There are few, if any, manufacturers better positioned to bring PitStop's renowned advantages -- in use by over 100,000 organizations worldwide -- to this market segment, than ONYX Graphics."
ONYX Graphics representatives say that the SmartApps PitStop Pro plug-in helps fix troublesome client PDF files quickly and efficiently, without leaving Adobe Acrobat software. According to Mattiussi, key features include:
* only seconds until the PitStop Pro plug-in checks all aspects of wide format PDF files to create certified print consistency.
* a wide format-specific preflight checklist that creates a reliable "digital master" so PDF files print correctly, with the highest quality and optimal printing performance.
* automatic highlighting of spot color and color management issues; also provides quick options for correction.
* automatic detection of file issues such as missing or bad fonts, missing bleed and more.
* tools to quickly edit PDF files from inside Adobe Acrobat software, without damaging the integrity of the original file.
* Action Lists that enable automation of otherwise tedious changes to multiple PDF files, such as color conversions and adding finishing marks.
The ONYX SmartApps PitStop Pro plug-in is the second in the new SmartApps toolset that cuts production time and costs by optimizing workflow using existing design applications. Designed to help those who prepare files for wide format printing, SmartApps plug-ins are application specific, operating system independent (can be used on Macintosh® or Windows® platforms), easy to use and affordably priced. They are complementary to any wide format RIP software - ONYX® RIP software is not required to use the plug-ins.
The SmartApps PitStop Pro plug-In is expected to be available as a 30-day, full-version trial and for purchase by December 2011 through ONYX dealers worldwide. For more information, click here.