Introducing new technology, company to display high-speed production print offerings, workflow solutions and more
CHICAGO (GRAPH EXPO) – Ricoh* today announced it will showcase the newest innovations in production print technology at GRAPH EXPO 2011, including the company's family of high-speed production print solutions, new Apple iPad applications, Automated Document Factory portfolio (ADF) and many other new offerings. At the show, the company will demonstrate the latest technology and address major industry trends, such as digital inkjet growth, electrophotographic (EP) to inkjet, monochrome to color and the transition from "printer" to "marketing services provider."
At the Ricoh booth, #2600, attendees will see:
- The InfoPrint 5000 family of color and monochrome continuous form inkjet systems – used by a large number of customers worldwide to produce print-on-demand and transaction documents, the modular family of products is available in a variety of configurations including: a range of speeds; finishing options; high quality pigment, dye and MICR inks and support for a multitude of media (e.g., EP, recycled, ground wood, offset, inkjet treated and coated stocks). The InfoPrint 5000 family provides customers a highly reliable, very compact, flexible, cost-effective and easy to use solution.
- InfoPrint ProcessDirector enhancements to deliver ADF solutions for native PDF and AFP environments – a true industry first. These breakthrough enhancements will enable customers to optimize their PDF datastreams for high-volume production, seamlessly apply industry-leading PDF tools, leverage, maximize postage savings, provide end-to-end integrity and help save money with new ink tools.
- Zumbox and Ricoh – together they will provide attendees with the opportunity to experience the power of Zumbox's secure digital postal system, which gives consumers the ability to receive, manage and store their digital postal mail in one place. For mailers, this solution helps provide greater than 50 percent per-piece cost savings, a user-friendly, bi-directional means of communicating with their customers, shorter time-to-payments and increased sustainability.
- A joint demo with Ricoh and Kern – the solution illustrates how InfoPrint ADF workflow solution, driven by the InfoPrint ProcessDirector software platform, integrates with Kern's mailFactory ADF software to demonstrate inserter integrity, simplifying the task of generating a final insert log and automatic reprint.
- The RICOH Pro C651EX/C751EX/C751 – this new color production-class digital cut-sheet systems is rated at 65 ppm (C651EX) or 75 ppm (C751EX, C751) and is available as a scanner version (EX) or a printer only version, and incorporates a liquid cooled developer system. Models deliver 4800 dpi image quality, media handling from up to six different pick points and handles stock sizes up to 13" x 19.2" with a paper weight of up to 110 lbs. cover in simplex mode and 140 lbs. index in duplex mode. The system also has air-assisted paper feeding in the large capacity trays. It comes equipped with a Fiery E-41A Print Controller.
- The Ricoh TotalFlow iPad Mobile Application – this new solution is designed as a business development tool focused on the Ricoh Production Print customer. The application is designed for Marketing Services Providers and assists customers with increasing profits by leveraging the business development tools contained within it, and accessed through the app.
- Two newest previews of TotalFlow – Ricoh's worldwide brand initiative designed to drive the future of digital production workflow. TotalFlow MR (Make-Ready) and TotalFlow Output Manager will be available in November of 2011. TotalFlow MR provides make-ready, preview and editing capabilities designed to offer print job preparation, job archiving and reprinting. TotalFlow Output Manager provides the ability to visually program job characteristics so that finishing, selective page programming for size and colors, signatures and impositions appear as they will print. Jobs can be submitted to a variety of devices or also saved for later reprint.