CHICAGO, – Xerox Corporation and XMPie, a Xerox Company, garnered 20 awards for digital print excellence at Graph Expo 2011, the largest graphic communications event in North America.
Digital printing systems and software from Xerox and XMPie were awarded eight honors in the annual "Must See 'ems" award program, and 12 Gold Ink Awards recognizing exceptional digital printing technology in commercial print and graphic arts industries.
Xerox also highlighted customers in its own Best-of-the-Best contest. Submitted by customers from 24 countries, applications were judged on image quality, business results and the use of Xerox technology.
Must See 'ems
The Must See 'ems awards, sponsored by PrintCom Consulting Group, are given to the most unique, innovative and compelling products and services on display at Graph Expo. Products and services are recognized based on an independent evaluation of competitive offerings. The awards are selected by a panel of print industry consultants and non-vendor related program participants.
Winning applications include:
- Xerox CiPress 500 Production Inkjet System (Must See 'ems)
- Xerox iGen4 EXP with matte dry ink (Must See 'ems)
- Espresso Book Machine, a Xerox Solution (Must See 'ems)
- XMPie uVideo (Must See 'ems)
- Xerox Color 1000 Press (Encore Worth-a-Look)
- Xerox DocuColor 8080 Digital Press (Worth-a-Look)
- Xerox FreeFlow VI Suite (Worth-a-Look)
- XMPie PersonalEffect 5.2 (Worth-a-Look)
The third annual Best-of-the-Best contest honored digital printing applications created by members of the Xerox Premier Partners Global Network in the following categories: books, collateral, digital and offset, digital packaging, direct marketing, photo publishing and transpromo. New additions to the program were the "Digital Trailblazer," awarded to the applicant with the most innovative and effective use of emerging technologies, and the "Printers' Choice," selected from an online gallery by members of the Xerox Premier Partners Global Network. Three winners were honored in each category, including:
- Digital Trailblazer – Keiger Direct created a 1:1 cross-media campaign utilizing QR Codes and XMPie software that increased enrollment rates at Salem College by 11 percent.
- Printers' Choice & Direct Marketing – QuantumDigital, Inc. used the Xerox iGen4 EXP and XMPie PersonalEffect Cross-Media software for a multi-touch campaign to boost attendance at a marketing summit. The campaign generated a 51 percent response rate.
- Digital and Offset – MagnetStreet, Inc. produced an "Invitation LookBook," showcasing their print capabilities for weddings. Sample inserts and perforated color swatches were printed on the Xerox iGen4 Press with Xerox FreeFlow Print Server.
- Direct Marketing – DG3 Asia Limited created a direct-mail piece on the Xerox Color 1000 Press to announce the expansion of their digital printing operation in Hong Kong. The piece generated new business opportunities-including offset customers who were exploring the flexibility of digital printing.
The winning entries are featured in Xerox booth No. 400 at Graph Expo 2011 in Chicago, Sept. 11-14.
Gold Ink Awards
Xerox was also represented in the annual Gold Ink Awards, produced by members of Printing Impressions, Publishing Executive and Book Business. The print competition awarded 12 honors to Xerox, including top "gold" and "silver" merits for digital pieces printed on the Xerox Color 550/560 Printer and the Xerox iGen4 EXP Press with matte dry ink.