- Clear Dry Ink Option and DesignMerge Variable Data Software Showcase
- Additional Versatility and Creativity
VALHALLA, N.Y., – FUJIFILM North America Corporation, Graphic Systems Division today announced that it will demonstrate the Xerox Color 800 Press on their booth, number 627, at this year's Graph Expo show, September 11 – 14, 2011, McCormick Place South, Chicago, Illinois. The Xerox Color 800 Press will show its versatility, printing on a large variety of coated and uncoated stocks. Ideal for marketing collateral, direct mail and photo publishing, the Xerox Color 800 produces smooth, offset-like output.
Fujifilm will be running a Xerox Color 800 Press with the optional clear dry ink station, which offers print buyers more creative freedom, supporting inventive spot finishes and effects that would otherwise require processing through additional equipment. Clear dry ink allows for such design elements as images and text highlighting for visual impact, or the addition of digital watermarks for artistic effect or security.
One of two models in the high-volume Xerox Color 800/1000 Press product line, the presses are designed for commercial and in-plant print operations. The Xerox Color 800/1000 Presses print at 2400 x 2400 dpi for excellent sharpness and uniformity, and use Xerox's new low-melt Emulsion Aggregation (EA) Dry Ink, which delivers an offset-like finish. EA Dry Ink also requires less energy to manufacture than conventional toners.
At the show, the Xerox Color 800 Press will feature DesignMerge variable data printing software. DesignMerge can be used to personalize virtually every aspect of a document, including variable text, graphics, articles, and even entire layouts. DesignMerge includes a number of advanced features such as automatic copy fitting, conditional logic programming, bar coding, and multiple layout support.
Additional features available on the Xerox Color 800/1000 Press include:
- Broad media latitude accommodates stocks from 15 lb. bond to 130 lb. cover at full-rated speeds of 80 to 100 ppm; with sheet sizes up to 13" x 19.2", the presses can handle multi-up jobs and accommodate applications needing full-bleed trim.
- Flexible finishing options allow systems to be custom-built to specific volume and application needs that expand as businesses grow.
- Unique integrated design, with standard paper trays engineered to be conveniently located within the print engine, reduces overall footprint. An optional high capacity feeder with two additional trays can increase capacity to 8,000 sheets.
For more information about the Xerox Color 800/1000 Presses or DesignMerge variable data printing software, please visit www.fujifilmusa.com/graphics.