ColorSpan Teams with Onyx: Announcing Big Color Proof
Press release from the issuing company
October 10, 2003 -- MacDermid ColorSpan, Inc., an innovator and leader in the wide-format color inkjet printer market, introduces a digital color proofing solution named Big Color Proof with Production Workflow.
Full-Featured Proofing and Production Workflow Solution
Created to answer the demands of a growing digital market, Big Color Proof provides an easy method of proofing color from your prepress RIP. Print buyers and designers rely on the proofing process to assess and represent the aesthetics and color accuracy of the final printed piece. Anything less than dead-on color is not acceptable. Using Big ColorProof you can now print color proofs that are color accurate to an affordable ColorSpan large format inkjet printer and simulate the color output of your printing press.
Using industry-standard ICC profiling tools, ColorSpan Big Color Proof can match the color space of your press and output a precise color representation to a variety of ColorSpan wide-format and common desktop inkjet printers. Combine Big Color Proof with large format production features like tiling, nesting, auto-calibration, preflight color correction and media manager and you have a system designed for color proofing, short-run production and incremental profit.
Award-Winning Quality with Solid Time-Tested Technology
Based on Onyx Graphics' award-winning color engine and powerful RIP engine, Big Color Proof includes spot color matching of custom named spot colors in PostScript files. Media profiles are ICC compliant, assuring color accuracy and consistency from any application, platform, or file format. Custom media profiles can also be created by using ColorSpanís optional Profile Generator. The simple-to-use interface presents a user-friendly print queue, an intuitive worklfow, job thumbnail and nesting previews, and quality print controls.
Software features and benefits:
• Easily integrate a hot folder workflow into your existing prepress RIP system
• RIP and print on the fly ñ proofs start printing almost immediately
• Run two inkjet printers simultaneously from one system
• Support for a wide variety of small and large format proofing inkjet printers
• Use industry-standard ICC device profiles Create and import custom ICC/ICM profiles
• Tweak ICC profiles right in the RIP
• Set ink restrictions to save on ink costs
• Make color corrections on the fly with Big Color Proof Preflight color correction tools
• Perform linearizations and calibrations to keep your inkjet accurate and consistent with your final output device
• Perform custom Spot Color matching for PostScript, EPS, and PDF images
• Generate your own custom Spot Colors using CMYK or LAB values
• Use a color management device to scan a custom color
• Create filters with custom pre-set color corrections
• Interactively scale, crop, and rotate images
• Apply custom tiling to oversized prints
• Make color corrections and replace color - or a range of colors from Preflight
• Web Portal for web-based print job submission and Queue Management
• Proprietary color rendering technology that drastically improves color punch of CMYK output
• Innovative screening technologies, including Smooth Screen and custom screening capabilities
• Optional contour cutting workflow support
• Import and apply custom ICC profiles
• Create and edit density calibration tables and control ink restrictions
• Automatically install the program, queue and printer in one easy step
• Print directly to the queue from your creative application as you would to any desktop printer - even across networks and platforms
• Visually preview files to avoid costly reprinting
• RIP and simultaneously print bitmapped files for faster throughput
• Reduce ink consumption and media spoilage with Media Save nesting and nesting preview
• Add and calibrate your own media
The exceptional ICC color profiles and media management features within Big Color Proof with Production Workflow make it an ideal solution for any business who needs contract proofing, remote color proofing or short-run large format production. Whether youíre a commercial printer, ad agency, pre-press house or fine art reprographer, Big Color Proof has the features you need in one, low cost RIP solution.
Pricing and Availability
Big Color Proof with Production Workflow is available at a MSRP of $3,995 through MacDermid ColorSpanís worldwide network of value-added distributors and resellers in the 4th quarter of 2003.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.