CHAMBERSBURG, PA (September 02, 2008) -- American Print Management has been formed as a business offering of e-LYNXX Corporation to work with print procurers to reduce their measurable hard-dollar costs for print marketing, direct mail, commercial print and packaging. Coupled with its patented competitive procurement methodology, American Print Management uses workflow communications and staff expertise to improve print procurement processes to save its clients time and money and to increase efficiencies.
"But the real secret behind the success of American Print Management is its two U.S. Business Method Patents that work to reduce existing competitive pricing by 25 percent to 40 percent and more," according to William Gindlesperger, founder, chairman and chief executive officer of e-LYNXX. "Industry leaders agree that this patented methodology will revolutionize the buying of customized goods and services."
American Print Management's exclusive patented business method (U.S. patent number 6,397,197) optimizes competitive print procurement and management. Attributes of the buyer's pre-qualified print suppliers are entered into a database. The database compares specifications of a job for which the buyer seeks pricing. By automatically matching supplier attributes and job specifications, the system identifies a subset of suppliers qualified to perform that particular job. A solicitation for the job is then sent to members of the subset, inviting those suppliers to submit price quotes and allowing the buyer to award the job to the low pre-qualified bidder. The value of the patent lies in its ability to obtain customized work at very low pricing when suppliers offer to fill known downtime in their print production schedules. The novelty of the patent is that it enables print suppliers to bid high, low or not at all based on their own production schedule needs, while assuring that these suppliers automatically receive the next available bid opportunity for which the supplier is qualified, but without setting future customer pricing expectations based on prices previously submitted.
The average printer uses about 70 percent of its print production capacity with the remaining 30 percent available for other business. When bidding on work to fill production capacity, a printer has the flexibility to bid low. The value added from lower-priced work contributes totally to the bottom line since it does not displace already scheduled jobs. Typically, a printer can improve its bottom line by 10 points or more by filling unused production capacity with jobs that are reduced in price by 40 percent.
Print buyers have a special interest in American Print Management's procurement methodology because it will lower their costs for work that must be outsourced.
Gindlesperger emphasized that American Print Management is not a printer or a print broker. Instead, American Print Management guides clients through the entire print process by developing print job specifications, identifying and qualifying suppliers, preparing budget estimates, managing the procurement process, monitoring awarded job production, assuring quality and timeliness, controlling change orders and invoicing.
Print buying services offered include specification consulting and writing, budget pricing and estimating print supplier identification, qualification, training and compliance reporting, expert procurement management, and full technical services. To maximize savings on print jobs for its clients, American Print Management encourages suppliers to utilize open equipment capacity to fill what would otherwise be idle time. "Our approach benefits the printer by providing work and income. Our buyer clients benefit because jobs produced during otherwise open capacity can be less costly than those that are run during peak production times," Gindlesperger explained. "When this methodology is used consistently, we guarantee to reduce a client's print spend by no less than 25 percent to 42 percent."
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.