EFI Integrated Solutions Are Centerpiece of drupa Plans
Press release from the issuing company
DUSSELDORF, Germany - January 29, 2004 - EFI, the world leader in digital imaging and print management solutions for commercial and enterprise printing, today announced it will showcase the productivity and revenue generating benefits of its 'connected workflow' strategy at drupa 2004 and demonstrate the powerful product synergies resulting from their 2003 acquisitions of Printcafe, T/R Systems and Best GmbH. Additionally, drupa 2004 will be the first global trade show featuring the new EFI branding identity also announced today (see separate release).
"EFI offers the industry's only end to end, integrated suite of products from job submission to MIS systems to prepress and production solutions," said EFI CEO Guy Gecht. "We are excited to show how printers can increase their bottom line by embracing the concept of 'connected workflow' whether they are an offset, digital or hybrid business. Our goal is to offer customers the world's best in class solutions for every stage of the print process through a complete integration strategy based on open standards, interoperability and backward compatibility."
Among the products and workflows EFI plans to show in hall 4, stands B34 & B40, are:
- A 2000 page per minute, color, variable data printer in the Kodak Versamark family that will be driven by our fastest Fiery to deliver best in class workflow and color management for production color printing
- Connected workflows with Heidelberg, Screen USA and other EFI partners
- The latest version of EFI OneFlow(tm) pre-press software connecting to EFI Balance(tm) job distribution software and Fiery servers
- EFI's MicroPress black and white production software connected to a Fiery server
- Hagen OA and PrintSmith MIS systems connected to EFI's digital workflow
- Introduction of French and German versions of Hagen and PrintSmith
- JDF connected workflows that include Hagen, Best(tm) proofing technology, OneFlow, Balance, Fiery, Internet solutions and digital and offset presses
- JDF connectivity to cross vendor workflows in CIP4's booth
- Latest versions of EFI proofing software with Best technologyGecht concluded: "Last year, EFI undertook an aggressive acquisition and product development strategy to bring innovative, cost-effective solutions to the graphic arts industry. At drupa 2004, we will show customers how EFI is putting it all together with complete, connected workflow solutions that will help the commercial printing industry become more efficient and profitable."
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.