Painesville, Ohio, – Avery Dennison announced today that fifteen graphics installers passed the Avery Dennison Car Wrap Certification exams given in Denison, Texas; Orlando, Florida; Los Angeles, California; Phoenix, Arizona; Dallas, Texas and Wharton, New Jersey this year. The certification is a two-part test that includes a written exam and hands-on vehicle wrap installation demonstration.
The wrap certification exam is given immediately after each Avery/Mutoh Car Wrap Training session – giving attendees the opportunity to put the skills they learned during the classes into practice and achieve certification. The following graphics installers recently passed the exam:
- Ted Bentz – Signs-n-Things, Inc., http://www.signs-n-things.com/, (Farmingdale, NY)
- Brandon Barnett – 51 Wraps, http://www.51wraps.com/, (Tulsa, OK)
- Mike Colbath – Yukon Trophy & Awards, http://www.yukontrophy.com, (Yukon, OK)
- Sarah Dean - Smart Wrap, http://www.smartwrap.com/, (Phoenix, AZ)
- Mykel Foxx - BadAss Designs (San Tan Valley, AZ)
- Chris Halsey - Smart Wrap, http://www.smartwrap.com/, (Phoenix, AZ)
- Doug Hicks – Designer Wraps, http://www.designerwraps.com/, (Millville, NJ)
- Radim Horak – KDF Reprographics, http://kdf-comp.com/, (Rockleigh, NJ)
- Matt McDonald - Premier Custom Wraps, http://www.premierwraps.net/, (Fontana, CA)
- David Norat – Brush Fire Graphics, http://brushfiregraphics.com/, (Key West, FL)
- Brandon Richter - Spectrum Graphics, http://www.sgx2.com/, (Phoenix, AZ)
- Lance Standlee – 51 Wraps, http://www.51wraps.com/, (Tulsa, OK)
- Robert Tafflock - The Sign Source, http://the-sign-source.com/, (Hauppauge, NY)
- Sean Tomlin – Designer Wraps, http://www.designerwraps.com/, (Millville, NJ)
- Ray Worrell – Big Fish Graphics, http://bigfishgraphics.net/, (Washington, NJ)
"Avery Dennison congratulates each of the installers for successfully passing the certification exam," said Paul Roba, technical manager for Avery Dennison Graphic & Reflective Solutions. "Avery Dennison certified car wrap installers have learned and demonstrated the skills needed to ensure high quality vehicle wraps that are critical for customers achieving positive impressions and reaching potential customers. The vehicle wrap course helps installers become more efficient, reducing installation times, while improving overall quality. Passing the Avery Dennison Car Wrap Certification Exam communicates to the market that these are highly skilled graphic installers."
By passing the Avery Dennison Car Wrap Certification Exam, the installer and company gain a listing on Avery Dennison's Carwraps.net directory. Hundreds of businesses and individuals visit Carwraps.net every day to find reputable companies and installers to get their vehicles wrapped.
The hands-on portion of the Avery Dennison Car Wrap Certification Exam focuses on installation techniques as outlined in the installation exam guide. Students are required to exhibit their installation skills by applying Avery MPI 1005 Supercast films on a variety of vehicles. Evaluation is based on cleaning, alignment of graphics, cutting edges and finishing techniques. The written exam is a one hour multiple choice test based on the information available in the study materials (available to participants after registration).
The Avery/Mutoh Car Wrap Training classes are taught by Justin Pate, a globally recognized graphic installer. Attendees obtain an in-depth understanding of graphic installation techniques to gain a competitive advantage in the vehicle wrap industry. All classes are taught using Avery MPI 1005 Supercast Easy Apply RS, a popular choice with installers because it is easy to use and quick to install with excellent printability.
There are three additional opportunities to take the Avery/Mutoh Car Wrap Training classes and Avery Dennison certification exam. Locations and dates include: Mutoh Southeast Office in Atlanta, September 12 – 14; Modagrafics in Chicago, October 27 – 29; and, Denco Sales in Seattle, November 7 – 9.
For more information on Avery Dennison products, training and certification, printers can visit www.averygraphics.com or contact Avery Dennison at 800-282-8379 for additional information.