The continuing cost escalation for raw materials requires Flint Group to increase prices of inks in North America effective 1 August 2011.
2011 has been a very difficult year. Raw material availability and costs have been challenging. Raw material costs increased consistently throughout 2010 and have continued to do so in 2011. Susan Kuchta, Vice President North American Packaging and Narrow Web, comments, "We have continued to see shortages and cost increases in key materials. In many cases the cost increases have been cycling through every 30 to 60 days."
- Due to the continuing cost increases already incurred in the last few months, Flint Group is increasing the prices of inks and coatings as follows, effective August 1, 2011
- Packaging and Narrow Web
- Water and solvent based products will increase 6%, with the exception of white, which increases 10%.
- UV Flexo products will increase 5%, and other narrow web UV products will also increase 5%.
- Violet 23 pricing adjustments will be determined on a customer-by-customer basis based on product.
- Publication Gravure
- All publication gravure inks will increase 7%
Flint Group will communicate with their customers regarding the overall impact of the price increases on their specific product portfolio.
Bill Miller, President Print Media, comments, "We know that price increases are tough, especially in today's business climate. We appreciate our customers' support as we address business realities, and we assure them that the quality and supply of our products will not be affected by these market conditions."