Conover, North Carolina, – Hickory Printing Solutions, a Consolidated Graphics, Inc. company, recently installed a new Bobst diecutter and Bobst folder-gluer at its Greensboro, North Carolina facility. The new equipment enhances Hickory Printing Solutions' packaging production services – from concept through delivery – to customers in North Carolina and the surrounding region.
"We are continually investing in the best equipment and technology that gives our customers the most effective solution possible to meet their needs," said Stephen Patton, President of Hickory Printing Solutions. "In this case, Bobst provided us with an industry-leading production solution – in terms of quality, reliability, speed and efficiency – to ensure flawless execution of our packaging customers' projects."
The new Bobst equipment provides a multitude of advantages to customers:
Bobst Expertcut 106 LER Diecutter
- Production speed of 9,000 sheets per hour
- Electronic eye that registers each printed sheet to the die laterally to ensure precise 1:1 registration
- Manufacturing time is reduced
- Job memory for future make-readies
Bobst Expertfold 110 A-2 CS Folder-Gluer
- Folds at high speeds (125,000+ pieces an hour)
- Unique in-line windowing
- Leary glue system with six gun glue detection
- Verifies UPC code on each project piece
- Non-Conforming blanks are automatically ejected
Hickory's recently upgraded facility in Greensboro is a technologically advanced commercial sheetfed printing and packaging operation. With the addition of the new Bobst equipment to its multiple color presses and finishing and binding equipment, Hickory is an industry leader in producing high-quality packaging.