(Weymouth, MA) InfoTrends is pleased to announce that Matt Swain, an Associate Director for InfoTrends' Document Outsourcing service, will be a featured speaker at the inaugural PostalVision 2020 conference on June 15, 2011 at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, VA. The event, themed "Catching the Wave to the Postal Ecosystem of the Future," is designed to address the relevance of the current USPS model in a digital age, and provide actionable direction for how it can evolve to a sustainable business model.
During his presentation "U.S. Postal Review and Emerging Digital Alternatives," Swain will provide a historical and forward-looking perspective on the USPS, as well as highlight companies that are evolving to address the digital migration.
"As we watch major players in the print & mail market evolving to embrace digital distribution strategies, we also see postal organizations around the globe creating competitive digital solutions," commented Swain. "A post where we have seen little digital innovation to-date is the U.S. Postal Service."
Immediately following his presentation, Swain and Jeff Jarvis (author of "What Would Google Do?) will co-moderate a panel of executives and industry experts regarding the topics of evolution and innovation.
Joining Swain is an impressive roster of speakers, including:
- Vint Cerf, Vice President and Chief Internet Evangelist at Google
- Ruth Goldway, Chairman, U.S. Postal Regulatory Commission
- Ronald A. Stroman, Deputy Postmaster General, U.S. Postal Service
- David Williams, Inspector General, U.S. Postal Service
(Find the complete list of speakers and their biographies here.)
John Callan, Managing Director at Ursa Major Associates and creative force behind PostalVision 2020, stated, "With the strategic direction that Matt Swain and the InfoTrends team have provided, our program is sure to engage the audience in an active and constructive discussion."
Some of the questions that will be considered include:
- What are the influences of disruptive innovation on the postal ecosystem?
- What is the role of government in postal delivery? What should it be?
- What should we as stakeholders be doing about the challenges and opportunities for the U.S. Postal Service looking ahead to 2020 and beyond?
For more information on how to join the discussion, please visit www.postalvision2020.com.