Interpack, Düsseldorf, – PrintCity Alliance members UPM, Sun Chemical, M-real and Cofely announced their own Interpack fair news and also launched the new PrintCity Value Added Packaging (VAPack) project for world packaging markets.
Value Added Packaging – the Secrets of VAP
For over a year PrintCity members manroland, UPM, Sun Chemical, M-real, Kurz, Merck and Weilburger Graphics, plus partner Bobst and technology partners Reproflex and UpCode have been sharing knowledge on value added packaging techniques, and preparing a portfolio of 'sample boxes' to show what is now possible.
The new VAPack project focuses on the needs of brand owners & designers, to open discussions on the latest opportunities & benefits in using value added packaging techniques. The VAPack multi-company shared knowledge project emphasises the many benefits of Value Added Packaging techniques:
- Increased consumer attraction from new or combined VAP techniques
- Enhanced product differentiation in all consumer market sectors
- New opportunities in brand development and brand positioning
The PrintCity Value Added Packaging project is a broadly based initiative taking place in three stages, with the first – Creative Pack – launched at Interpack. Over the period until drupa 2012, alliance members are creating two further project sample sets – Value Pack and Future Pack. Future modules will include new functions and the usage of, and linkage to, electronic media, plus latest brand protection techniques.
Benefits to All
Unique benefits flowing from this project include:
- Highly creative sample box portfolio – explores new avenues in VAP possibility
- Shared VAP process knowledge + access to innovative suppliers & process knowledge in one location
- Broad range of techniques & ideas showcased in attractive demonstration packaging
- Full 'how to do it' tutorials explaining the VAP techniques used
More information on VAPack and sets of sample boxes can be requested from each participating project member or by contacting [email protected]