Eede, The Netherlands - Punch Graphix nv, parent company of digital printing technology innovator Xeikon and prepress equipment manufacturer basysPrint, announced today that it has posted strong financial results for 2010, thanks to increased equipment and consumables sales and strict cost management.
The major highlights of the results are provided below:
- Sales rose 18 percent, from EUR 118.4 million (or $164.1 million USD) in 2009, to EUR 139.3 million (or $193 million USD) in 2010.
- Overall equipment sales as well as recurring income from consumables and service activities rose by 18% in 2010 compared to 2009.
- The net profits were EUR 4.6 million (or $6.4 million USD).
- The net financial debt by EBITDA ratio for the company has decreased from 1.56 in 2009 to 1.13 in 2010.
- The financial solvency ratio of the company rose from 58% in 2009 to 63% in 2010.
- The group's operational cash flow (EBITDA) rose 74%, from EUR 18.0 million (or $24.9 million USD) in 2009 to EUR 31.3 million (or $43.3 million USD) in 2010.
- Xeikon digital printing solution sales increased 13 percent, from EUR 85.2 million (or $118.2 million USD) in 2009, to EUR 96.3 million (or $133.4 million USD) in 2010.
- Prepress solution sales increased 30 percent, from EUR 33 million (or $45.7 million USD) in 2009 to EUR 42.9 million (or $59.4 million USD) in 2010.
- In geographical terms, the sales increase was mainly in America (20%) and Europe (17%). In Asia, a slight sales increase of 6% was recorded.
The Xeikon technology has several unique capabilities that provide a sustainable competitive advantage to its users. In 2010, Xeikon increased its R&D investments and released several new products for the industrial and document printing markets. The company's impressive 2010 results clearly demonstrate that Xeikon has further strengthened its position in the chosen target markets.