Land O’Lakes, FL — Xplor International, the worldwide electronic document systems association, today announced that Madison Advisor’s pre-conference intensive will return to Xplor’s 2011 Conference and Vendor forum, April 5-7, 2011 in Tampa Bay Florida. The pre-conference intensive will take place Monday, April 4, 2011 and attendees interested in registering can do so at http://bit.ly/hMs5Tp.
Titled: “Multi-Channel and E-Delivery Market Trends and Directions,” Madison Advisors will present the results of their latest market research on multi-channel delivery, business process assessments, service provider alternatives and multi-channel solution options. The intensive will include real-world use case studies on what leading organizations are doing to maintain a competitive edge with their customer communications. Analysts from Madison Advisors will also discuss industry-leading services and technologies for customer communications in 2011 and beyond.”
Discussion topics include:
- Multi-channel /E-delivery Metrics and Strategies
- Strategic outsourcing – Multi-channel options
- Document composition
- Color Print Options
- Enterprise Marketing Portals
“2010 saw many firms move forward with alternative and electronic delivery campaigns, along with aggressive campaigns to move customers from hardcopy to electronic delivery,” said Kemal Carr, President and Principal Analyst at Madison Advisors. “Social media, iPads, Web 2.0 and both private and public cloud computing are forcing organizations to reevaluate how they communicate to their clients, and then how they deliver and support those new processes. For all enterprises, the question isn’t if you move but when and how quickly can you get there. Document strategies and customer communications management (CCM) will either be the tip of your spear or the anchor around your neck.”
Attendees to Madison’s Advisor’s pre-conference intensive can also look forward to
- Understanding she market drivers and trends affecting CCM strategies in 2011 and beyond
- Learning how to drive best practices into your CCM and document production strategies in the years to come
- Understanding where strategic outsourcing makes sense to "right size" your business
- Identifying what steps to take today to prepare your operation for outsourcing
- Identifying where and how organizations are successful with Multi-channel e-Delivery
- Learning of the latest solution advances in the Multi-channel e-Delivery, document composition, color print, and outsourcing markets
"The pre-conference session was by far one of the highlights in past Xplor conferences. Kemal and team were able to present great insights to the print industry and participants had the opportunity to share ideas and pose questions of other attendees. Well worth the expense,” said Matthew Wenzel, Manager, Customer Fulfillment at Capital One.
Attendance to Madison Advisor’s pre-conference intensive is not included with the conference’s Platinum Passport. However, Xplor members and attend the pre-conference intensive for $245.00 USD (Stand Alone or with Day Pass), non-members $295.00 USD (Stand Alone or with Day Pass)?and as an addition to a Platinum Passport for only $200.00.
For more information or to register for the 2011 Xplor Global Conference and Vendor Forum visit www.xplor.org/Xplor2011/. Questions should be directed to [email protected], +1-813-929-8100 or 1-800-ON-XPLOR between the hours of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM (EST), Monday through Friday.