Ramsey, N.J. – Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta), a leading provider of advanced imaging and networking technologies for the desktop to the print shop, today announced that for the eighth consecutive year its television ad campaign will be broadcast during CBS Sports' coverage of the 2011 PGA TOUR, and that it will once again be the exclusive sponsor of the “Konica Minolta bizhub SwingVision” feature. Both campaigns will kick-off this weekend during coverage of the Farmers Insurance Open, and will run through The Barclays in August.
In the first spot, entitled "Back in the Day," a "Rookie" employee is getting ready for a meeting when he is told by more senior employees of how things used to be done prior to Konica Minolta technologies being installed. The second spot, "When I was Your Age" features the same "Rookie" from the first campaign. He is printing a presentation when several other employees walk over and start talking about other business solutions they used when they were his age (i.e. fax machines, floppy discs, scanners) and how easy life has become now that only one machine is needed.
“Our ad campaign introduces – in a clever, memorable way – professionals to Konica Minolta's award-winning products and services,” said Kevin Kern, Senior Vice President, Marketing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. “We are confident these TV spots will effectively deliver the message that our customers can count on Konica Minolta for all their document management needs.”
And once again for 2011, Konica Minolta has partnered with CBS Sports to sponsor the award-winning Konica Minolta bizhub SwingVision – the high-tech, super slow-motion swing analysis. Three times during each Saturday and Sunday broadcast, viewers will see and hear the Konica Minolta brand name connected to this unique and highly popular PGA TOUR feature.
“Our marketing partnership with CBS Sports and the PGA TOUR has grown into a great partnership over the years – especially when you consider the increase in our corporate brand awareness since the inception of the Konica Minolta bizhub SwingVision. These fan favorite spots have become must-see videos on YouTube and other sites for PGA TOUR followers around the globe, and these extra views add additional exposure to our brand building campaigns,” added Kern.
Below is the 2011 CBS Sports schedule of PGA TOUR events to include Konica Minolta’s bizhub SwingVision and ad campaign:
- Jan. 29-30: Farmers Insurance Open
- Feb. 5-6: Waste Management Open
- Feb. 12-13: AT&T Pebble Beach
- Feb. 19-20: Northern Trust Open
- April 9-10: Pre-Masters Special
- April 16-17: Valero Texas Open
- April 23-24: The Heritage
- April 30-May 1: Zurich Classic of New Orleans
- May 7-8: Wells Fargo Championship
- May 21-22: Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial
- May 28-29: HP Byron Nelson Championship
- June 4-5: Memorial Tournament presented by Nationwide Insurance
- June 11-12: St. Jude Championship
- June 25-26: Travelers Championship
- July 2-3: AT&T National
- July 9-10: John Deere Classic
- July 23-24: RBC Canadian Open
- July 30-31: The Greenbrier Classic
- Aug. 6-7: WGC-Bridgestone Invitational
- Aug. 11-12: PGA Championship Highlights
- Aug. 13-14: PGA Championship
- Aug. 20-21: Wyndham Championship
- Aug. 27-28: The Barclays