Heidelberg Introduces Digimaster 9110cp Print System
Press release from the issuing company
CHICAGO, September 28, 2003 — Heidelberg today introduced the Digimaster 9110cp digital press to the North American commercial print market. The monochrome press is one of a host of black-and-white digital solutions Heidelberg is showcasing at Graph Expo/Converting Expo 2003 that are designed to drive productivity, efficiency and profitability among digital printers.
The Digimaster 9110cp device, available only through Heidelberg, is designed to meet the specific demands of commercial printers that handle digital high-volume, black-and-white print jobs. Among its key attributes: enhanced paper handling, improved workflow, greater productivity and enhanced image quality. The 9110cp press:
- Prints a wider range of substrate and paper sizes, including sheets up to 14" x 18"
- Easily integrates with Heidelberg Prinect MetaDimensionTM software, enabling commercial printers to use one workflow for both offset and digital print workflows
- Gives users greater control to lighten and darken halftone images
- Comes with Heidelberg’s enhanced maintenance service option that enables on-site personnel to perform some maintenance and to replace some parts
- Configures with a range of input and finishing devices, including Imagedirect 665 Production Scanner, ImageSmart software, roll feeders, post-process inserter, booklet maker, perfect binder, hole puncher and stacker
The Digimaster 9110cp press is being shown at Graph Expo inline with a hole puncher and the inline version of Heidelberg’s Probinder finishing system, an innovative solution for flexible wire comb binding for short-run applications and books on demand. Live demonstrations at the show – which include the binding of a 218-page versioned calendar – mark the first time Heidelberg is showing the inline version of the Probinder in the U.S. Heidelberg’s inline production of wire-comb-bound books is both a milestone in the postpress sector and a world first in the printing industry.
“As the leader in digital printing, Heidelberg understands that its commitment to developing the highest-performing products in the industry is extremely important, especially as more and more printers enter the digital arena,” said Bill Blair, senior vice president of digital, Heidelberg USA. “With the North American debut of the new Digimaster 9110cp press, we are providing commercial printers with a machine that can help boost their productivity in monochrome digital printing and help them build a successful digital business.”
In addition to the 9110cp press, Heidelberg will host live demonstrations and presentations to introduce the many new features and functionalities now available. Digital black-and-white solutions being highlighted include:
- The Digimaster Family: Heidelberg will have experts on hand to discuss the benefits of the Digimaster black-and-white family of products – including Digimaster 9110 print system, the Digimaster 9110m for MICR printing and the high-speed Digimaster 9150i print system. Key attributes include:
- Superior image quality, including developer particles that are one-fourth the size of competitors
- Speeds of 110 or 150 impressions per minute and continuous run capability, enabling maximum productivity
- Modular designs, allowing customers to cost-effectively customize their Digimaster systems to meet their business needs
- “First-page-first” architecture that fully utilizes digital print streams by receiving and finishing documents as they are processed
- Finishing: During a joint-technology demonstration, Heidelberg and Boewe Bell & Howell are showcasing a new option for hybrid printing, producing a financial services booklet. This near-line solution with three different feeders can merge output from the Speedmaster, Digimaster print system and NexPress 2100 press, producing finished documents through the intelligent Boewe Bell & Howell merge module and the Duplo bookletmaker. This variable data printing job is supported by NexTreme DL-100 software, which is now also optimized for the Digimaster system.
- Software Solution: Heidelberg also will demonstrate its ImageSmart Document Mastering 2.2 software, which gives customers greater digital prepress productivity with a simple, fast and intuitive workflow. The software employs the industry-standard PDF-based workflow for complex production jobs, making it ideal for frequent reprinting, repurposing and editing. It also enables greater collaboration between print providers and their customers by allowing easy sharing of PDF documents — regardless of the application they were originally created in.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.