Neenah paper Touts Classic Crest Papers For Digital Applications
Press release from the issuing company
ROSWELL, Ga. (Sept. 16, 2003) – Trusted brands such as CLASSIC CREST Papers from Neenah Paper are the ones to use in today’s — and tomorrow’s — technology. The best choice of papers for digital applications is also the easiest.
“With Neenah Paper’s state-of-the-art online machine controls and high quality finishing equipment, the digital revolution requires we make only a small change in our overall paper management plan,” said Gerry Rector, senior product development manager for Neenah Paper. “CLASSIC CREST Papers allow our customers to print more quickly and more easily on digital presses, using the papers they already know and trust.”
Although CLASSIC CREST Papers are ideal for use in digital applications, they work equally well in traditional offset printing. Neenah Paper has enhanced the brand’s resistivity and moisture-optimized it for use in digital equipment. In addition,Neenahhas developed new sizes specifically for digital
CLASSIC CREST Papers combine all of the characteristics required for the highest quality digital printing, including the following:
• Laser and Ink-Jet Performance Guarantee: CLASSIC CREST Writing and Text Papers are guaranteed to perform in laser printers and copiers within the limits outlined by the equipment supplier.
• Formation: Superiorformation may be the best predictor of which papers will work well in digital presses.
• Basis Weight: A wide range of weights is available, including 24 lb. Writing Paper. Double thick or duplex papers are not recommended for digital printing, due to equipment limitations.
• Opacity: A higher opacity paper is generally the best choice, since the amount of ink on the surface can be heavy.
• Archival: Alkaline- or acid-free papers are the best choice for most digital applications.
• Moisture and Resistivity: Moisture levels and resistivity — a measure of electrical charge in the paper — affect how the toner adheres to each sheet. These two important characteristics are tightly controlled at the paper mill.
“From digital applications to laser printers to plate process color presses, CLASSIC CREST Papersperform,” said Rector. “Neenahpapers are made for all the ways you print.”
Neenah Paper is the leading manufacturer of premium uncoated writing, text and cover papers marketed under the CLASSIC, ENVIRONMENT*,NEENAH, UV/ULTRAII, and other fine brand names. Established in 1873, Neenah Paper is a sector of Kimberly-Clark Corporation. For more information, visit the web site at www.neenahpaper.com.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.