Press release from the issuing company
Kimberly, Wis. - How does effective print impact consumer purchases? To answer this question, Appleton Coated commissioned a proprietary research study of more than 1,000 high-end, high-minded consumers. The company shares its findings in a new publication, appropriately-titled, "ROI." Beyond a positive Return On Investment, "ROI" reveals five new I's in ROI: Inspiration, Impact, Interaction, Involvement and Integration.
"People who buy premium brands like premium print. They use it. They keep it. They buy the products that they see in it," says Phil Cavalier, vice president of marketing at Appleton Coated. "We know that purposeful, creative print delivers a positive ROI. We learned that there are other returns to consider, such as the return on inspiration or on impact. These also have real value, promote quality, generate trust and create strong brand connections."
Appleton Coated's "ROI" research was conducted by Yankelovich, a part of The Futures Company. Among those surveyed:
- 88% of all ages report that they enjoy receiving catalogs and brochures from the company and brands with which they do business.
- 83% say, "What I like about print is that I can keep it for future reference."
- 79% feel, "It's important that the catalogs I receive be printed in an environmentally responsible way."
- 75% of consumers visited a website to purchase a product or service after reading about it in a catalog.
Some of the most surprising revelations in the findings were the responses from "the Internet Generation" – those 18- to 34-year-olds, often perceived as having abandoned print for online. 71% share that "I like to read or look through high-end catalogs."
When asked, "What makes good print materials stand out from the rest?" the top, unaided responses included:
1. They are attractive. They look beautiful.
2. They have beautiful photography.
3. They use high-quality paper.
4. They have vivid colors.
5. Their messages are simple and to the point.
Reflecting the lessons learned for creating effective print materials, "ROI" was designed by The Thorburn Group in Minneapolis and features images by Anna Wolf. The piece was printed using Appleton Coated's SKIN Curious Collection Black cover weight and U1X:Green Gloss, Silk, and Matte for the interior pages. Part of the Utopia brand of premium, coated papers, U1X: Green is manufactured with electricity in the form of renewable energy and contains 20% post-consumer recovered fiber. Utopia's six product offerings are Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) certified and available with other green attributes.
© 2023 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved.