Press release from the issuing company
IVRY sur SEINE, France – MGI Digital Graphic Technology, the digital press and finishing solution manufacturer, will present an innovative portfolio of digital printing and finishing solutions at IPEX, held May 18-25 in Birmingham, UK (hall 20, booth C624). Highlights include the new DF360 5-in-1 multi-function paper finishing system (laminate, cut, slit, crease and perf in one pass), along with the award-winning Meteor DP60 Pro multi-substrate digital press, expanded capabilities for the award-winning JETvarnish digital inkjet spot UV coater as well as other versatile solutions in the MGI product lineup.
MGI's presentation at IPEX provides attendees with the most comprehensive portfolio of digital printing and finishing solutions for a wide variety of industry segments, offering total turnkey business solutions - a capability unique to MGI among graphics equipment manufacturers.
In advance of IPEX, MGI has launched a dedicated Web site for the event, where attendees can view interactive presentations on the entire product line, plus book one-on-one demonstrations and appointments at MGI's stand.
DF360: multi-function finishing in just one pass
The DF360 is MGI's latest generation of multi-function paper finishing equipment designed to complement both digital and offset presses. In-line & automated standard functions include: duplex lamination (options for matte, satin or glossy finish; no lamination; or multiple finishes – i.e. matte on one side, satin on other); cutting (horizontal & vertical); slitting; creasing; and perforation.
With the addition of a lamination function, the DF360 brings many common finishing techniques together, performed in just one pass. It can accommodate sheet widths up to 360 mm / 14" and lengths up to 740 mm / 29", making it ideal for applications such as book covers, brochures, tickets, business cards, photo books, invitations (with tear-off response card), menus, and more.
Meteor DP60 Pro multi-substrate digital press
The award-winning flagship of MGI's digital printing line, the Meteor DP60 Pro is widely considered the most versatile digital press in the graphics industry and it has become the solution of choice for several hundred graphics professionals worldwide.
Key features include:
- Compatible substrates including paper, plastics/synthetics (including specialty substrates such as canvas) and envelopes, up to 350 gsm/130 lb Cover/14 mil for paper and up to 400 microns /16 mil for plastics
- Super Format print capabilities accommodate up to 330 x 1020 mm (13" x 40") sheets in production, the largest cut sheet size among professional digital presses
- Laser-safe prints, ideal for letterhead, envelopes and other applications previously only produced via offset
- No click charge and an economical total cost of operation
- Fogra certification (ISO 12647-7) for color contract proof creation
- High level print quality and registration (offset comparable)
JETvarnish – new capabilities for 2010
MGI's award-winning JETvarnish digital inkjet spot UV coater features several new developments for 2010:
- New left and right guides allow for alignment to offset gripper marks on either side of the sheet, resulting in the most precise registration
- Expanded sheet sizes up to 52 x 105 cm / 20" x 40", ideal for extended size applications such as book covers, gang runs, presentation folders, packaging, signage and many others
- Option to add a 2nd print line to be used with either a single ink color (perfect for bar codes and other Variable Data Printing applications) or a 2nd varnish formula
The JETvarnish is ideally suited for a host of applications, including book covers, posters, brochures, personalized direct mail, premium packaging, proofing/prototyping, corporate materials and many others, at a cost per page drastically less than offset or silk screen for shorter runs.
MGI will be holding a press conference at IPEX on Wednesday, May 19th, 2010 from 12:30-13:30 (12:30 to 1:30 PM) in the Gallery Suite 2 to provide the latest information on new products and updates on the MGI's global digital printing and finishing portfolio. A buffet and refreshments will be offered afterwards.
© 2023 WhatTheyThink. All Rights Reserved.