San Francisco – Keen announced the launch of its limited beta program at IDG's DEMOfall conference in San Diego, CA. Revolutionizing print commerce, Keen provides commercial printers with a cutting-edge on-demand online store solution specifically tailored to the needs of the industry. This allows print companies to leverage tools that make online marketing so effective and make ink-on-paper a relevant component of the modern marketing mix.
"Contrary to popular opinion, print is not dying; it's changing with the times, showing growth through new and innovative Internet sales models," said Vitaly M. Golomb, CEO of Keen Systems. "Commercial printers recognize that the industry is constantly evolving and they are searching for effective and efficient new technologies to employ. Keen delivers what no other service provider has been able to and we're thrilled to launch our beta at DEMOfall."
A low-cost, zero maintenance SaaS solution, Keen allows printing companies to manage every aspect of their business from order to shipping. This comprehensive service acts as the business hub of the print company helping tremendously reduce costs and increase efficiency, while enabling them to improve relationships with existing customers and attract new ones. Keen is economic and simple enough for a three person copy shop but powerful enough to handle a $50 million multi-plant operation.
"We are pleased that Keen Systems is launching this market changing service with us," said Matt Marshall, Executive Producer of DEMO. "This service addresses a critical need in an industry that is on the verge of massive change and Keen will lead the way."
According to the Printing Industries of America, printing produced $162 billion domestically in 2008, with over 36,000 establishments and 1 million employees. Canada, Western Europe and Australia produced 150% as much and are also large sophisticated markets moving towards the online model.. According to the U.S. Department of Commerce, the commercial printing industry is one of the few running an annual trade surplus. In August 2009, a panel of the top industry experts determined web-to-print as the #1 focus for today's printing companies.
• An online store for commercial print products that only takes minutes to customize and launch
• A content management system that is easy-to-use and requires no technical skills
• A sharp web 2.0 look with professionally developed customizable designs
• A 100% hosted reliable infrastructure that removes all worries about backups, storage space, bandwidth and security
• Professional online marketing tools to help attract new customers
• Seamlessly integrated billing and shipping
• Customer image file inspection (pre-flight)
• Totally centralized customer communication