Grand Rapids, MI -- X-Rite, Incorporated, the world leader in color management and measurement technologies, announces an all-new 1.1 software for its award-winning ColorMunki Photo & Design, (www.ColorMunki.com), now expanded to work with more popular design packages. For detailed enhancement highlights click here: www.cjcstrategists.com/resources/cm1-1/highlights.pdf.
“X-Rite continues to evolve ColorMunki by listening to our customers and enhancing our color management offerings accordingly–supporting the latest packages such as Corel, QuarkXPress, and Photoshop CS4. Version 1.1 also offers the ability to control lighting conditions under which color is viewed. Like everything else with ColorMunki, we’ve made this pro-like step easy,” states X-Rite Senior VP of Sales and Marketing Iris Mangelschots.
ColorMunki 1.1 Key Advantages:
More Precise, Pro-like Display Control–now, for the first time, users can easily adjust light functionality when color matching–even from display to display, including
- Optimized Display Luminance–based on either ambient light measurement or user specified values;
- User-defined ambient light levels–quickly evaluate work environment lighting before profiling;
- Optimized display contrast and brightness (backlight) workflow–with all-new automated pass/fail contrast-clipping test where user proceeds to next step when passed for a quicker workflow;
- More precise control of display luminance–with target and actual measured luminance values displayed and an option for automatic video LUT adjustments;
ColorMunki Photo version 1.1 also contains the end-user license agreement to install and run ColorMunki Photo software on an unlimited number of computers, allowing for a greater degree of flexibility to color manage multiple computers typically owned by photographers.
The ColorMunki Family Of Products:
- X-Rite ColorMunki Photo–a completely integrated color control solution to calibrate displays, projectors and printers for accurate screen-to-print color matching, designed especially for wedding, portrait and event photographers—or any passionate advocate.
- PANTONE ColorMunki Design–a fully integrated color inspiration and control solution that offers agencies, corporate in-house and freelancers the freedom to capture and design with any color from the visible spectrum. Includes essential color control functions for calibrating displays, projectors and printers including spot-color optimization.
- PANTONE ColorMunki Create–tools developed to work seamlessly with today’s most popular design applications to create, manage, search, verify and share color palettes, then view the colors accurately with an included monitor calibration device.
ColorMunki Photo comes with an in-the-box DVD-flash-based Interactive Training Video (www.colormunki.com/colorknowledge/training?type=photo). Designed to make color more fun and easy, this interactive user driven educational tool covers color management basics and all aspects of ColorMunki, in seven-languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Dutch and Japanese.
“The ColorMunki family of products reflects the X-Rite commitment to developing tools that make exceptional color management easy to implement into every creative’s digital imaging workflow,” Mangelschots adds.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.