Bethlehem, Pa. – Service used to mean fixing broken equipment or performing routine maintenance. That model has changed radically at BÖWE BELL + HOWELL's Services division. As one of the premier service organizations in North America, BBH Services' comprehensive suite of maintenance, training and support options accelerates ROI by integrating leading-edge technologies, robust performance analytics, and proven methodologies.
"As businesses work to control expenses and improve efficiency, they require flexible and scalable solutions that can easily adjust with the demands on the business, without over-investing in capital equipment or human resources," said John Tarascio, president of BBH Services. "Our goal is to provide solutions that enable our customers to survive difficult times and position them for strong growth once the economy improves."
Tarascio further explained, "We achieve this through a number of means, including consulting to improve efficiency, performing appropriate equipment maintenance, training, increasing the scope of our field service operations to include third-party equipment servicing, employing state-of-the-art monitoring to maximize system throughput and operator efficiency, and much more."
BBH Services has shown commitment to expanding its range of services and providing value-added solutions, while maintaining its longstanding reputation for the high-quality, dependable service and support that its customers have relied on for years. "Our team can expertly customize a cost-effective program that best fits any operation's unique needs with scalability and flexibility to accommodate future growth," added Tarascio. "We also offer a wide range of consulting services and maintenance options that can be tailored to meet specific service needs."
Specific offerings include the following:
• Preventive Maintenance Services – BBH Services offers preventive maintenance agreement (PMA) services at a variety of levels to suit a range of needs, including traditional on-site resident service programs, on-call service, or specially tailored agreements for customers who maintain their own equipment. PMAs contribute to a lower total cost of ownership by minimizing unplanned downtime and maximizing performance.
• Remote Monitoring – BBH Services helps customers realize continuous value by working proactively to optimize system performance, maximize operator efficiency, and monitor and evaluate potential problems before they become an issue.
• Multi-Vendor Solutions – BBH Services maintains strong relationships with OEMs to better support end-user needs and improve the support service structure for their products. BBH has expanded the capabilities of its BBH Services division to provide full service support for both BBH and third-party equipment within their customers' operations. Today, BBH Services maintains a direct service presence throughout the United States and Canada, typically in high-production mail and document-processing operations. BBH Services provides customized solutions to companies in markets such as financial, insurance, telecom, public utilities and media, government, service bureaus and others.
By leveraging the advantages of a single-point of contact, customers can benefit from streamlined communications and service requests, receive consistent service levels and rely on a more cost-effective support structure.
• Business Continuity Services – BBH Services enables customers' mail to be processed when their operations are unable to handle the capacity, by mirroring their mail operations, including file management, printing, inserting and delivery to the U.S. Postal Service.
• Disaster Recovery Services – BBH Services offers Disaster Recov¬ery options to equip customers with a disaster-recovery strategy before one occurs. BBH Services works directly with the customer's operational staff to design a detailed plan of action to seamlessly transition and mirror operations so the customer can focus on the recovery. BBH Services also identifies specific resource requirements for maintaining productivity, including the equipment, materials, applications and operators to manage the job. After a careful review of the intricacies of the customer's specific printing and mailroom operations, BBH establishes an implementation plan from the initial notification of the disaster to the final transition of operations back to the customer's facility. Production capacity is guaranteed, so there is no worry about waiting in a queue for jobs to be run.
• Product Reconditioning Services – BBH Services rebuilds and upgrades retired inserting systems in the only ISO 9001:2008-compliant facility of its kind in the industry. The reconditioned equipment is sold in like-new condition, complete with new product warranty coverage. Customers seeking a lower-cost alternative when investigating capital equipment purchases can achieve a faster payback while achieving the productivity and reliability available only with BBH products. Upgrades can also be done at the customer's facility.
• Customer Productivity Solutions – BBH Services' consultants work with mail center operators to deliver targeted recommendations for improving workflow and efficiency, most frequently without additional investments in capital equipment or human resources.
• Training – BBH Services offers equipment training and documentation via its award-winning BBH University, which has developed more than 200 training courses, including technical, business, leadership and management classes.
"Our goal is to help businesses do more with the resources they have," noted Tarascio. "We've taken a strategic approach as we've expanded our service offerings, and are leveraging a significant investment in technology and our people to deliver results for our customers."
For more information about BBH Services, contact 800-220-3030.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.