ROCHESTER, N.Y. – Xerox Corporation has introduced new business development services that help print providers uncover business opportunities in spite of a challenging economy. The tools, which focus on best practices, staff training and target marketing, further expand the company's industry leading business development initiatives.
"It is clearly not business as usual, so if print providers are going to thrive as the economy rebounds, then we need to help them maximize their technology and people resources," said Gina Testa, vice president, Worldwide Graphic Communications, Xerox Corporation. "We listen to what our customers are saying and shape our business development programs to address their needs and goals."
Print providers can take advantage of two new offerings, within Xerox's New Business of Printing Business Development Services, to attract new business:
• Sales Skills Assessment Survey: Provides a company's sales force with a comprehensive customized survey and then offers best practice recommendations for improving sales techniques and results.
• How to Target Agencies and Marketers Sales Training Course: Offers direction for generating new business with agencies and marketing firms. The session demonstrates how to convey the benefits of digital and variable printing to these audiences.
Xerox has also expanded its ProfitAccelerator offerings with the following:
• Ad Agency Market Guide is a toolkit to help print providers around the world target agency and design services providers. As part of Xerox's New Business of Printing offerings, Xerox will host the "Marketing High Value Applications Upstream" webinar on Oct. 14, 2009.
• Profiting through Personalization II Kit – Featuring XMPie demonstrates how to turn marketing communications into marketing conversations by offering new ways to develop and successfully implement variable data, cross-media and Web-to-print programs. It highlights the opportunities in offering one-to-one services and features business development tools, including all new templates, so users can quickly get up and running with personalization.
• "PODi Digital Print Case Studies; Best Practices Featuring Xerox Customers" offers a five-year collection of best practices using variable data. The book, produced in conjunction with PODi, includes examples from 15 industries such as healthcare, retail and graphic arts – ideal for customers looking for inspiration on their next project.
Xerox will showcase its business development offerings at Print 09, the year's largest graphic communications event, Sept. 11 – 16 at Chicago's McCormick Place.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.