Crawford announces the release of PRO Version 3.5 products
Press release from the issuing company
Toronto and London, 21 October, 2008. Crawford Technologies today announced today the release of Version 3.5 of all four of its PRO software product families including transforms and conversions, document re-engineering, archive, and workflow.
New functionality in today's Version 3.5 release includes:
- PRO Document Enhancer's value in creating and extending TransPromo documents has been enhanced with PDF document linking capabilities including hyperlinks, buttons and Text pop-ups
- PDF files created by the PRO products are accessibility-enhanced to improve text indexing and searchability
- PRO AFP to PDF now includes extended support for Asian and other global organizations through new Double Byte and Unicode AFP support
- PRO AFP products now feature AFP OpenType font support
- PRO Reprint is now also available as an Adobe Acrobat Professional plug-in
- PRO Reprint can now be used to suppress the printing of user selected subdocuments
- PRO PDF and PDF/A products can now create extended page-level XMP metadata based on information from within the documents
- All PRO families offer improved performance on z/OS, Unix and Windows where applicable
"Version 3.5 adds major new functionality to meet our customer's evolving requirements and emerging industry trends," said Ernie Crawford, President, Crawford Technologies Inc. "Version 3.5 demonstrates our ongoing commitment to provide our customers with the highest level of service, meeting both their current and future needs."
"These additional functions extend CrawfordTech's product functionality worldwide, especially in Europe and the Far East." said Stewart Rogers, Managing Director of European Operations for CrawfordTech "They also expand our commitment to assist our customer organizations with their increasingly multi-channel, multi-media transaction document production requirements."
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.