Pittsburgh, PA, October 12, 2007-Printing Industries of America/Graphic Arts Technical Foundation (PIA/GATF) is seeking to honor a business leader who has gone far beyond standard obligations to become a significant force in the graphic arts industry. Nominations for the Lewis Memorial Lifetime Achievement Award are due November 15, 2007.
Established in 1950, the Lewis Award is recognized throughout the graphic arts industry as the highest honor awarded to any individual in our business. Past recipients include Ray Roper, Harry Quadracci, Gaylord Donnelley, and Harold Gegenheimer.
To qualify to receive the Lewis Award, a nominee must:
- Be widely recognized as having made a major impact on the graphic arts industry
- Have a record of participating in both local and national professional activities
- Have been active in the industry over an extended period of time and involved in many facets of the graphic arts industry
- Not be an employee of any graphic arts association
- The nominee need not be a member of the Printing Industries of America/Graphic Arts Technical Foundation (PIA/GATF), is not limited by age, sex, race, or geographic location, and may be either living or deceased. Past recipients are ineligible to win again.
The recipient of the Lewis Award will be honored before hundreds of peers at the PIA/GATF Presidents Conference, March 2-6, 2008 in Cancun, Mexico.
For additional information on the Lewis Award, contact Deena Hower at 412-259-1702 or [email protected]
Written requests can be directed to Deena Hower, 200 Deer Run Road, Sewickley, PA 15143-2600.