Presstek to Demonstrate Integrated Digital Solutions at Graph Expo
Press release from the issuing company
Hudson, NH – October 24, 2008 – Presstek, Inc., a leading manufacturer and marketer of digital offset printing solutions, today announced that it will be demonstrating a wide range of integrated digital solutions designed to improve the capability, profitability and competitiveness of printing operations of all sizes in Booth 2811 at Graph Expo. Many of these solutions are being shown for the first time in North America at this exhibition, which is scheduled for October 26th through 29th at McCormick Place South in Chicago.
"While we are especially excited about the new UV printing option for Presstek DI presses," said Kathy McHugh, Presstek's Chief Marketing Officer, "that is just one of many solutions that we have to offer to help printers adapt to the ever changing print market. Over the last two years, Presstek has built a product portfolio and partnership strategy that better positions us to meet the business requirements of printers who are looking to increase their profitability. Never has this been more important than in the current economic climate."
Attendees will see the following innovative solutions in the Presstek booth at the show:
- Presstek 52DI and 34DI digital offset presses. Presstek 34DI and 52DI digital offset presses deliver environmentally friendly high quality, short run four-color offset printing, economical in run length quantities from 250 to 20,000. Presstek DI presses bridge the profitability gap between conventional offset and digital toner-based presses. The Presstek 52DI will be shown with the new UV option. UV inks are dried instantly, which speeds throughput and gets jobs into finishing more quickly than conventional offset printing. The UV option also significantly expands the range of applications that can be produced-including better print durability and quality on a wider range of substrates such as plastics, vinyls and foils. In addition, higher color saturation can be achieved on uncoated stock.
- Konica Minolta bizhub PRO C6501. In partnership with Konica Minolta, Presstek will offer the Konica Minolta bizhub PRO C6501 color digital printer as an optional bundled solution with its DI digital offset presses. By combining the extremely high quality, efficiency and automation of Presstek DI presses with the affordability and flexibility of the Konica Minolta, print service providers can achieve a wider range of capabilities and higher quality than they could with one production volume color toner-based device at the same price point.
- Presstek Compass Series Platesetters. Presstek's Compass 4000 and Compass 8000 Series are highly productive platesetters, ranging in production speeds from 15 to 38 plates per hour. These systems image up to 250 lpi and are ideal for a wide range of print businesses, including mid-size to larger operations. Presstek Compass platesetters image Presstek's chemistry-free Aurora Pro plates and a range of third-party 830 nm thermal plates.
- Presstek Dimension 800 Pro Platesetter. The Presstek Dimension Pro 800 is the next generation Dimension eight-page platesetter. Imaging up to 200 lines per inch, this semi-automatic platesetter is an excellent entry-level to mid-range solution. It is capable of imaging plates up to 45.0 x 33.0 inches and imaging at speeds of up to 11 plates per hour with Presstek's Anthem Pro plate and up to 15 plates per hour with Presstek's Aurora Pro plate.
- Presstek Vector FL52 with Freedom Pro Plates. This new version of Presstek's easy-to-use small format chemistry-free platemaking solution features a new fiber laser imaging system that is engineered to deliver excellent dot quality and high reliability. The Vector FL52 supports a wide range of plate sizes and images Presstek's chemistry-free Freedom Pro plates, which are automatically cleaned in the Vector's integrated plate washer.
- Presstek PathWay. This affordable, highly scalable Web-to-print solution, powered by Press-sense, is a complete, Web-based, end-to-end print-on-demand workflow and management solution that allows users to create, customize, order, print and deliver in one streamlined, integrated operation.
- Presstek Latitude PDF/JDF Workflow. This highly automated prepress workflow, powered by EskoArtwork, streamlines throughput and processing of files. Its flexible workflow tools allow the automation of more production processes. Presstek Latitude supports native PDF 1.7 format and the latest standards in JDF and Certified PDF.
- Presstek Momentum Pro RIP/PDF Workflow. Momentum Pro is the ideal entry-level workflow, and is affordable for shops of any size. Building on the Momentum RIP, Presstek Momentum Pro Integrated PDF Workflow is a fully-integrated RIP and workflow solution designed to streamline and automate the production process using certified PDF tools.
Presstek will also be distributing two important studies at the show. These reports can also be downloaded by visiting www.Presstek.com.
- InfoTrends, Inc.'s Presstek DI Printing Study: Bridging the Gap Between Digital Toner and Conventional Offset, is an independent study conducted by research firm InfoTrends during the summer of 2008. This study of eighty DI press owners validates the role of Presstek DI presses in making print service providers more capable, profitable and competitive.
- The white paper Growing Your Business by Going Green explores specific economic opportunities and environmental benefits afforded by Presstek DI digital offset presses. It is a handy guide that will help printers of all sizes and types better understand the economic benefits of adopting this environmentally friendly digital offset press.
"We look forward to greeting Graph Expo attendees," added McHugh, "and talking to them about how Presstek solutions can address their specific needs. Our experts will be on hand for in-depth one-to-one conversations."
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.