EFI Showcases VUTEk Superwide Format Printing Solutions at ISA International Sign Expo
Press release from the issuing company
FOSTER CITY, Calif. – April 12, 2007 – EFI, the world leader in color digital print servers, superwide format printers and inks, and print management solutions, today announced that it will be exhibiting a full range of superwide format solutions at the ISA International Sign Expo scheduled for April 12-14, 2007 in Las Vegas.
“We are pleased to be able to show a series of new solutions and capabilities at this important industry trade event including our breakthrough UV and bio-friendly inks for printing of indoor and outdoor superwide format graphics,” said Chuck Dourlet, vice president of marketing, EFI VUTEk. “Sign manufacturers are already reaping big benefits from adding EFI VUTEk solutions to their production portfolios, and we are looking forward to sharing their successes with show attendees as they think about the future growth of their businesses.”
Owners of VUTEk printers include commercial printers, screen printers, photo labs, sign shops and reprographic houses that print on a variety of grand format surfaces, including paper, vinyl, corrugated, textile, glass, plastic and nearly any other flexible or rigid substrate up to two inches thick. EFI’s VUTEk product line is recognized as best-in-class superwide-format printer technology and the company’s technology innovations continue to set the standard for the industry. EFI offers the industry’s broadest superwide format printer portfolio, ranging from five feet wide to 16.5 feet wide to meet the imaging demands of any wide or superwide format application. EFI also offers VUTEk ink sets that are unmatched in the industry in terms of its color gamut, durability and price/performance.
The Big Print of Seattle, Washington, is one company that has built an entire product offering around innovative VUTEk products. Its BioGraphix platform uses environmentally friendly materials, including fabrics manufactured in VOC-free factories, pressure sensitive vinyl alternatives and VUTEk BioVu inks. Owner Dan Zinsmeyer says, “BioGraphix is the skeleton key that opens up almost every door when we are talking to a larger agency or corporation. The advantage that the BioVu inks have contributed to that platform is immeasurable, and the entire package is a real door opener for our sales staff. Even if the customer ultimately uses our more conventional services, it is highly likely that they have chosen to do business with us because of our unique BioGraphix platform, which we couldn’t have built without EFI.”
Among the solutions EFI with be demonstrating at the show are:
- The PV200, an affordable flatbed production printer that produces the highest image quality up to 80 inches (two meters) wide, the most versatile printer available today.
- The PV200 press will be printing with EFI’s new UV Series 50 specialty ink, the next generation of UV curable ink that widens the range of compatible rigid materials, including acrylic, coroplast and glass, that can be printed without the need for a UV glass primer or other special pre-coating method.
- The QS3200, offering superior image quality on both rigid and flexible substrates up to 126 inches (3.2 meters) wide and up to two inches (5.08 cm) thick, and changeover from flexible to rigid substrates in less than a minute. The QS3200 will be printing with EFI’s industry leading QS Series ink.
- The VUTEk 3360, a three-meter roll-to-roll solvent printer with EFI’s breakthrough BioVu ink, a corn-based solvent ink and the only ink recognized by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). BioVu ink has no harmful VOCs and delivers a wide range of brilliant colors, extreme durability, strong bonding to uncoated surfaces, and excellent resistance to UV light and mechanical wear.
- The versatile VUTEk 3360 will also be shown with its Fusion option, which unlocks new opportunities by enabling the printing of solvent and dye-sublimation solvent inks with one printer. Fusion’s unique ink delivery system enables a clean and rapid changeover between traditional solvent and textile applications that is achieved without the need to flush the entire system and the switch takes only two minutes. EFI has formulated the new UltraTex dye sublimation ink for use with its VUTEk 3360 Fusion option. UltraTex is an extremely versatile ink solution that is wash-resistant and dryer-resilient for reusable indoor/outdoor graphics. UltraTex ink infuses into fabrics to produce vibrant colors with excellent draping capabilities.
- All VUTEk printers will be running the EFI Fiery XF RIP. EFI supports an open architecture for both its RIPs and VUTEk printers.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's go-to information source with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, WhatTheyThink Email Newsletters, and the WhatTheyThink magazine. Our mission is to inform, educate, and inspire the industry. We provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today's printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.