HP Large-Format Solutions Enable Customers to Target More High Value Applications
Press release from the issuing company
LAS VEGAS, Nev., April 12, 2007 – HP today announced it is showcasing for the first time new large format printing solutions at the 2007 International Sign Expo (ISA), including the new HP Designjet Z6100 Printer series and the new HP Scitex XL400 Supreme inks. With HP’s expanded large-format portfolio, print service providers (PSPs) and technical professionals of all types have more options to address diverse markets and new, high margin applications, from digital fine art reproduction to outdoor signage.
“HP is committed to delivering a broad portfolio of wide to super-wide format printers to help customers meet printing goals and sales potentials,” said Walt Sledzieksi, director, Large Format Business Unit, Imaging and Printing Group, HP. “With HP’s latest graphic arts solutions, we are helping customers achieve success by offering greater flexibility, durability and the confidence to do more applications than ever before.”
Launched at the ISA tradeshow in Las Vegas today, the HP Scitex XL400 Supreme inks are HP’s latest eight-color, pigmented solvent-based inks optimized for HP Scitex XL1200 and HP Scitex XL1500 printing systems.(1) The HP Scitex XL400 Supreme inks are specially designed to achieve outstanding print quality, printing vibrant, durable and high quality output that offers up to two years’ outdoor durability.(2) The new inks also offer high productivity with fast dry times and reduced frequency of inline machine maintenance(3) with a near-zero cost upgrade.
HP is also demonstrating for the first time the recently introduced HP Designjet Z6100 Printer series, available in 42 and 60 inches. Delivering outstanding image quality and productivity with a built-in spectrophotometer for color consistency, the HP Designjet Z6100 Printer series is ideal for PSPs and technical customers looking to reduce their turnarounds and produce high-impact prints with vivid color and CAD and GIS applications with crisp lines. Featuring eight HP Vivera pigment inks, the HP Designjet Z6100 Printer series delivers outstanding prints at fast print speeds over 1000ft2/hr – all with HP’s remarkable level of intuitive color management with HP DreamColor Technologies.
HP’s product showcase, demonstrated live in HP booths #4148 and #5474 at ISA, also feature the latest Designjet and Scitex products, including:
· HP Designjet 8000s Printer series – Offering a breakthrough price/performance combination, the 64-inch HP Designjet 8000s is a comprehensive, easy-to-use solution offering great value for any print or sign shop looking to enter the large-format printing market. Producing 88 ft2/hr at 720 x 720 dpi, the HP Designjet 8000s low-solvent printer series creates striking output with excellent durability.
· HP Designjet 9000s Printer series – The low-solvent HP Designjet 9000s Printer series offers low printing costs and exceptional speeds up to 176 ft2/hr at 720 x 720 dpi, and up to 220 ft2/hr at 540 x 720 dpi to help accelerate return on investment, and create a strong competitive advantage when competing with screen printers.
· HP Designjet 10000s Printer series – The HP Designjet 10000s, part of the HP low-solvent portfolio, offers super-wide format printing capabilities, producing durable high-quality signage up to 104 inches wide. The HP Designjet 10000s features six heavy-duty Piezo printheads, 1000ml HP 790 ink cartridges and “hot swap” ink cartridge capabilities that enable cartridges to be changed with minimal interruptions. Printing up to 176 ft2/hr, the six-color HP Designjet 10000s prints durable, super-wide format signs, banners, billboards,
wall murals, and window and vehicle graphics in resolutions up to 720x720 dpi.
· HP Scitex TJ8500 – Offering more flexibility and durability than ever before, the HP Scitex TJ8500 industrial wide-format digital printer combines high throughput and cost-effective production with the durability of HP Scitex UV850 Supreme UV-curable inks to create high quality images that last up to two years outdoors. Users can produce either short-run or high-volume jobs for a variety of applications, from billboards, signage and bus shelters to indoor application, such as window graphics and exhibition panels.
· HP Scitex FB6700 – The HP Scitex FB6700 flatbed industrial digital inkjet press brings the advantages of digital processes to rigid-media printing. With full automation and high print-quality, the HP Scitex FB6700 can print directly to rigid sheets – making it ideal for the production of POP/POS displays, samples, short-run packages and exhibition stands.
· HP Scitex XL1500 – The HP Scitex XL1500 digital super-wide format printing system provides a comprehensive solution for virtually any application, including billboards, building coverings, vehicle graphics, double-sided applications, pop-up displays, and textiles, including carpets, wallpaper and theater drops. The HP Scitex XL1500 offers high-speed printing with consistent, high-quality performance to enable sharpness and clarity, easy color switching, perfect registration, vibrant, life-like color and total flexibility to print any application, regardless of size, format or media.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.