Ramsey, N.J. – June 10, 2008 – Konica Minolta Business Solutions U.S.A., Inc. (Konica Minolta), a leading provider of advanced imaging and networking technologies for the desktop to the print shop, today announced it is debuting its new PS7000C MKII and PS5000C MKII book scanners at two key upcoming industry conferences. The book scanners, which both offer crisp color functionality with network printing capability for information service professionals and their customers, are the newest offerings that once again prove Konica Minolta’s leadership in micrographics and microfilm technology.
Konica Minolta will showcase the two new book scanners at the following key industry events:
• The 2008 SLA Conference held June 15 through June 18 at the Washington State Convention & Trade Center in Seattle, Washington. Konica Minolta will be at Booth #900.
• The 2008 ALA Conference and Exposition held June 28 through July 1 at the Anaheim Convention Center in Anaheim, California. Konica Minolta will be at Booth #2967.
“Konica Minolta’s book scanners have always been viewed as a trusted resource for those in libraries and information services, and we are confident these new products will be well-received in the marketplace,” said Kevin Kern, vice president, marketing, Konica Minolta Business Solutions, U.S.A., Inc. “We’re excited about the prospects for these two new products – especially for the feature of being able to print directly to network printers and MFPs, including the award-winning product lines from Konica Minolta.”
The PS7000C MKII and PS5000C MKII book scanners will feature:
• Network printing capability with application software
• Scan vending device solution
• Output resolution up to 600 dpi
• 24-bit color, 8-bit grayscale, 1-bit BW
• PS7000C MKII Scan area 5.5” x 8.5” to 18” x 24”
• PS5000C MKII Scan area 5.5” x 8.5” to 11” x 17”
• Support Book Mode, Sheet Mode and 3D Mode
• Spread, Single Left, Single Right and Split modes
• Book Curvature Correction, Finger and Frame Masking, Centering and Center Erase
• Support for Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Vista
Konica Minolta is an industry leader in micrographics/microfilm performance, and has a full range of models that deliver fast image display from multiple micrographics formats, high-quality viewing on standard and wide screen displays and fast, cost efficient network printing to satisfy workflow and customer demands. With simple operation and special features like face-up scanning to protect fragile bindings, its high-speed scanners bring oversized originals, bound volumes and microform information into the digital era for use in websites, desktop publishing and Email distribution.
The PS7000C MKII will be available in the summer of 2008, while the PS5000C MKII will be available in January 2009.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.