Montreal, Canada, November 26, 2008. Ultimate Technographics, the leader in automated prepress solutions, releases its new Impostrip 8.5 version. Impostrip 8.5 offers a spectacular speed increase, new job optimization features and new functionality. The challenges in PDF processing constantly augment with the demand for short runs in both the offset and the digital print markets, as well as in the newspaper market where various localized versions call for more plates or more sheets but also for less time per print run.
"Processing PDF can become a bottleneck no matter how much you invest in hardware. Impostrip 8.5 Signature Server brings improved speed of 50% and more compared to previous version and depending on the nature of the files." says Roberto Marroquin, Director, Product management.
Impostrip 8.5 new development is focusing on job optimization and automation and includes new functionalities such as:
- Ganging of mixed binding and sizes: More and more printers want to group jobs with different binding methods in order to optimize printing. Impostrip 8.5 offers the ability to mix and gang jobs into one output where different paper sizes and binding methods are mixed for optimization.
- Automated Dutch cut imposition: To optimize paper usage, customers can impose 2 A-4 with a third page in landscape position. This can be automated using hot folder.
- PDF Compression for speedy output
- New Variables for Slug line and collating marks
- New client-server sharing MAC folders
- PDF level to match your Rip: You can select PDF output to be compatible with Rips, ranging from PDF 1.4 to 1.7
- JDF Cutting and Folding certified with Polar, Muller-Martini, Horizon and Duplo, included in Impostrip Unlimited
- Mac OS 10.5 compatibility
- Acrobat 8 and 9 PS and PDF, InDesign CS3, etc.
- MAC International version includes English, German, French and Spanish.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.