WESTBOROUGH, MA, November 19, 2008 - Citation Software of Westborough, MA, USA has partnered with Adlib Software of Burlington, ON, Canada for the purpose of selling Adlib's suite of server-based PDF-creation/manipulation products.
Under the partnership agreement, Citation Software will offer Adlib's suite of document-transformation products to its customers, most of whom are printers, direct mailers, and lettershops.
Included in Citation's new line of Adlib offerings are the following products, which are easily integrated with enterprise applications and seamlessly incorporated into any document workflow:
* ExpressConversion Server. Server-based software that automatically converts plain (ASCII and ANSI) text files, image files, HPGL files, MSG files, and PDF files to PDF, PDF/A 1b, PDF/X, text, or ZIP format. The software also incorporates metadata from input files into PDF output and can extract metadata in XML or CSV format.
* Extended Output Module. An add-on to ExpressConversion Server that allows ExpressConversion Server to handle additional file formats. With the Extended Output Module installed, ExpressConversion Server can convert more than 300 file formats into PDF, PDF/A 1b, PDF/X, text, ZIP, DOC, RTF, HTML, JPEG, PNG, TIFF, or XPS format.
* ExpressPublishing Server. Server-based software that automates PDF manipulation and enhancement. Tables of contents, bookmarks, and indexes can be modified; information can be added (page headers & footers, watermarks, page numbers/Bates numbers, etc.); individual pages or page ranges can be extracted; a document can be assembled from multiple documents.
* ExpressRecognition Server. Server-based OCR software that automatically converts images, printed documents, and faxes to text or searchable PDF files.
* ExpressEnterprise Server. A product bundle that includes ExpressConversion Server with the Extended Output Module, ExpressPublishing Server, and ExpressRecognition Server.
* Relay. A browser-based document-conversion & publishing solution that works in conjunction with ExpressConversion Server and/or ExpressPublishing Server and/or ExpressRecognition Server. Relay allows a user to convert almost any type of document file to PDF format. The PDF file is made available to the user through the user's Web browser; alternatively, the PDF file can be e-mailed to the user or to several users.
Adlib Software's server-based products run on Windows operating systems. The Fault Monitoring and Recovery (FMR) Windows Service monitors server performance to maximize up-time. Corrupted documents are handled gracefully so that document workflows are not interrupted.
Adlib Software's server-based products can be integrated easily with document-management systems and with other workflow components. Several integration methodologies are supported, including hot folders, command-line interface, Web Services, and even e-mail (POP and SMTP).
Support for XML job ticketing lets organizations tailor each document conversion to meet workflow requirements by creating an XML-based instruction file.
COMPLIANCE WITH REGULATORY SYSTEMS
The various Adlib products have special features that facilitate compliance with regulatory requirements in industries including manufacturing, life sciences, government, financial services and others.
Cynthia L. Leslie, Citation Software's President, has said, "We are proud to have the privilege of offering Adlib's robust, state-of-the-art technology to our customers. Our partnership with Adlib Software opens up new possibilities for our customers, as many of them have a need for reliable software that can automatically convert various kinds of information to PDF format and manipulate PDF documents in various ways."
"Adlib has been extremely successful penetrating the document-transformation market through our relationships with dozens of industry-leading ECM software vendors," says Chris Yardley, manager of reseller channels at Adlib Software. "The reseller community is strategic to our growth, as are early adopters that are willing to learn about new technologies to add value for their customers. Citation Software, under the leadership of Cynthia Leslie, is one such company that will play a key role in our success while delivering cutting-edge document-transformation technology to their customers."
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.