Printable Technologies adds more web services to exchange XML data
Press release from the issuing company
August 13, 2007 -- Printable Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of Integrated Marketing, Web to Print, and Personalized Direct Marketing Solutions, today announced the availability of the next generation of the company's integration tools that streamline interfaces with corporate ERP or CRM applications and print MIS or fulfillment solutions. The addition of these tools brings the total web services and data feeds to twenty.
"Our latest generation of Web Services offers our customers the ability to interface with virtually every aspect of the Printable Technologies system from their back-office systems", said Josh Roach, Chief Technical Officer, Printable Technologies. "Anything that you can type into, import into, or export from our system can also be done programmatically through our Web Services, through virtually any language and operating system."
New Web Services
- Single Sign-On - a new and improved single sign-on is available that allows the ability to pass along user-specific credentials such as User ID and Password information as well as important "order time" information including ship-to and bill-to information, user group associations, and text profile attributes, as well as cost center identification.
- Create and Edit Existing Products - A call that allows for easier synchronization of products between unique systems. This web service automates activities that previously had to be performed manually via the Manager.
- Get Order - Offers the same functionality as the Sales Work Order Data Feed in a web service format so that the user can call the service at anytime and automate the call via the client rather than be limited to a set schedule.
Available Web Services and Data Feeds
- Batch Update Inventory Levels - Update inventory levels for a group of items.
- Check Order Status - Obtain status for a particular order.
- Create Invoice - Create an invoice.
- Create Packing Slip - Create a packing slip for an order or line item in an order.
- Delete Order or Line Item - Delete order or line item in an order.
- Get All Inventoried Items by Company - Obtain all inventory items for a given company.
- Get Inventory Item by SKU ID - Obtain inventory for a given SKU.
- Inventory Message - Add - Add inventory information associated with a SKU.
- Inventory Message - Get - Retrieve inventory information associated with a SKU.
- Inventory Message - Update - Update or deactivate inventory information associated with a SKU.
- Invoice - Obtain invoice information.
- Job Ticket - Obtain job ticket information.
- Orders Message - Get - Retrieve order information.
- Product Message - Add - Create product information.
- Product Message - Update - Update or deactivate product information.
- Sales Work Order - Obtain sales order information, per order, per store.
- Single Sign-On Message - Create - Enter the Printable system from a print provider system without re-logging in, the originating system can also dynamically create a user.
- Single Sign-On Message - Update - Enter the Printable system from a print provider system without re-logging in, the originating system can also dynamically update the user profile.
- Super Feed - Obtain ALL sales order information, including versioned data as entered by customers online.
- Update Inventory Levels - Update inventory levels for a given item.
Web Services and Data Feeds are offered bundled or individually priced:
- Web Services and Data Feeds Package - $5,000, plus $900 annual maintenance
- Single Sign-On - Activation per storefront - $1,000
- "A la carte"
- Each Web Service - $1,000
- Each Data Feed - $1,000
These prices are for "standard" versions of web services and data feeds, modifications may impact the price.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.