Markzware Releases Flightcheck Professional V6.02 Free Update With Enhanced Indesign And Quarkxpress Preflighting
Press release from the issuing company
SANTA ANA, California – August 9, 2007 – Markzware, the leading developer of preflighting, data extraction and conversion software, today announced the release of FlightCheck Professional v6.02, a powerful and rich new upgrade version of the popular preflighting solution.
Ron Fondo, of Homes & Land Affilates, LLC commented, “We’ve been using Markzware FlightCheck since version 3.52 (1999) to produce tens of thousands of titles. Over the years the Markzware development team has been very professional & responsive to our needs. The AppleScript support is invaluable, allowing us to easily integrate FlightCheck Professional into multiple internal & external workflows. If you are serious about decreasing wasted prepress materials, you should be using Markzware FlightCheck Professional; it pays for itself many times over.”
Listed are some of the features and enhancements in this significant update of FlightCheck Professional v6.02:
- Modified QuarkXPress reader which will handle certain files previously listed unrecognized or locked
- Improved initial scan time for certain PDF files
- A progress bar has been added to the page layout window
- Colors are now reported as used in Illustrator CS3 files (.ai and .eps files)
- Colors are now reported when the .ai or .eps files have been placed into an InDesign CS3 or QuarkXPress 7 page
- Improved image reporting for Illustrator files that use the same image more than once in a file
- Improved Applescript support
- FlightCheck will report and collect anchored graphics used in InDesign CS2 & CS3 documents
Pricing and Availability:
FlightCheck Professional v6.02 is a free update available for immediate download or on CD-ROM for registered users of previous versions of FlightCheck Professional v6.0. For new users the MSRP is $499 MSRP. The upgrade MSRP is $199 for users of version 5.0 or higher. Educational pricing and volume discounts are available. For more information, visit http://www.markzware.com/flightcheck_professional/
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.