Twelve Industry Leaders Named to NAPL Soderstrom Society
Press release from the issuing company
PARAMUS, N.J., AUGUST 8, 2007 – NAPL (www.napl.org), the trade association for excellence in graphic communications management, will induct eight graphic communications industry leaders into its Walter E. Soderstrom Society during a special Soderstrom Society gala, on Saturday, September 8, 2007, at the Art Institute of Chicago. The event also marks the start of a year-long celebration of NAPL’s upcoming 75th Anniversary (1933-2008).
Named for the late Walter E. Soderstrom, one of the founders of NAPL, the Soderstrom Society is an honors organization that provides industry leaders with the opportunity to exchange ideas, suggest improved practices, and recognize the contributions of their peers, including printing firm owners, equipment manufacturers, consultants, and educators.
This year’s inductees, all of whom have made significant contributions to the graphic communications industry, are:
- Dale Aigner, owner, Bentley Printing & Graphics, Garden Grove CA
- Robert W. Carew, president, Action Printing, Fond du Lack, WI
- Craig Dellinger, general manager, partner, New Haven Print & Copy, Fort Wayne, IN
- Bill Gavigan, executive vice president/chief financial officer, PDQ Print Center, Scranton, PA
- Steve Hayes, president/chief executive officer, Omaha Printing Company, Omaha, NE
- Kevin Joyce, managing director, Kodak, Norwalk, CT
- Keith Kemp, president, Xerographic Digital Printing, Orlando, FL
- Francis A. McMahon, director of Marketing, Hewlett-Packard Company, Boise, ID
- Tom Quinn, director of Fulfillment Services, Mailing & Fulfillment Service Association, Peachtree City, GA
- David Reny, managing director, Standard Finishing Systems, Andover, MA
- Philip Ruggles, professor, California Polytechnical State University, San Luis Obispo, CA
- Charlene Sims, president, The Master’s Press, Dallas, TX
"These 12 individuals have each made significant and ongoing contributions to the graphic communications industry,” said Joseph P. Truncale, NAPL president and chief executive officer, in making the announcement. “We’re extremely pleased to welcome them into the Soderstrom Society and offer them our sincere congratulations.”
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.