Xante Showcases Award-Winning Solutions at the 2007 AlphaGraphics Technology Show
Press release from the issuing company
August 2 , 2007, Mobile, AL -- Xanté Corporation, a leading customer service-centered graphics arts solutions provider, is proud to showcase its complete one-stop-shop solutions encompassing digital press, CTP, RIP workflow software, plates and consumables at the 2007 AlphaGraphics Technology Show being held at the Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas, August 2-3.
Showing at the Xanté booth #103 at the 2007 AlphaGraphics Technology Show:
- The Xanté VM CTP systems (formerly RIPit), affordable 2-up and 4-up violet metal CTP solutions that deliver reliability, productivity and quality for the commercial offset printer. The VM series features an award-winning OpenRIP Symphony workflow that makes it easy to image violet metal plates at 2540 dpi and over 200 lpi.
- Xanté OpenRIP Symphony, an Adobe PostScript 3™ RIP that features the new Adobe PDF Print Engine (APPE) and award-winning, multi-device workflow that automates prepress production and integrates scanning, trapping, proofing, and imposition in a single package. OpenRIP Symphony drives every output device in the shop including: platesetters, imagesetters, laser printers, digital color presses, copiers, inkjet printers and plotters for true workflow consistency. OpenRIP Symphony improves productivity and reduces human error by automating the most tedious and error-prone prepress tasks.
- Xanté PlateMaker 5 is a total prepress system with the ability to produce polyester plates, film and paper proofs and is designed specifically for small commercial printers and print shops in need of a low cost, high quality, chemical-free CTP system. Powered by Xanté-patented and patent-pending technologies, this system brings drastically improved halftones and tighter registration to the 2-up portrait press marketplace.
- Xanté Z7 technology ensures clean plates, crisp film, sharp images, high line screens, accurate registration, and exact halftones. Innovative Z-Dot technology allows for more control over dot gain while also enabling photographs and screens to be imaged smoothly with 356 shades of gray (150 lpi). Z-Dot also enables halftone screens to be easily controlled and for tints and gradations to have smoother, more consistent output than ever before.
- The Xanté Ilumina Digital Color Press handles a wide range of paper weights from 75 g/m² to 427 g/m². It delivers all types of jobs, from premium 4-color business cards to postcards, direct mail pieces and brochures. The Ilumina produces 2,000 letter (A4) sheets per hour.
- Xanté SpeedSetter virtual drum imagesetters produce high resolution polyester plates and film for the quick printing and small commercial print market. SpeedSetter 300/400 series devices combine the qualities of a traditional drum imagesetter (accurate registration, excellent repeatability, and sharp, consistent screens) with the simplicity and cost of a capstan imagesetter.
Xanté is the world’s largest manufacturer of electrophotographic CTP devices, with thousands of print shops worldwide owning PlateMaker series devices. The company is also the primary workflow and CTP provider to the majority of quick printers and franchises in North America.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.