New GREEN Fountain Solutions for better Web Offset Performance
Press release from the issuing company
Newark, NJ, August 15, 2007 - Prisco (Printers' Service) is pleased to announce several new economical fountain concentrates that “raise the bar” on performance for heatset and coldset web applications. These are low VOC fountain solutions that have been formulated to increase press-operating latitude with today's paper stocks and ink formulations. Printing plants will see significant, measurable increases in productivity due to faster start-ups, faster makeready times and less paper waste. In addition, our customers have seen overall quality improvement in their runs after switching to Webfount formulas. All formulas have broad buffering capabilities making them suitable for all water conditions.
– High pH fountain solution to combat "Precipitated Calcium Carbonate"
– Versatile - products work with all dampening systems
– Highly buffered - works in low to high alkalinity water conditions
– Eliminates highlight dot loss
– Produces lower dot gain, sharper printing and the ability to decrease ink and water settings
– Minimizes paper piling - less down-time, longer runs between wash cycles and more productivity
– Prevents plate staining, tinting and toning
– Strong biocide package to effectively eliminate fungus growth - cleaner recirculators
The product range includes: Webfount 225N, Webfount 325N, Webfount 525N and Webfount 625N.
Learn more about these products and the unique Prisco offering of pressroom support services at Graph Expo Booth #4203.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.