GMG launches new proof paper for high-end contract proofs
Press release from the issuing company
Tuebingen, Germany (March 21st 2007) - GMG, developer and marketer of high-end color management and proofing solutions, announces the introduction of GMG ProofPaper semimatte 250, in a width of 44 inches. GMG ProofPaper semimatte is a 250-gram/meter2 paper with a semi-matte finish that permits printing of much sharper inkjet droplets.
The proof paper, introduced 18 months ago in widths of 13, 17, 24, 36 and 42 inches, is now also available in 44 inches for optimal use in printers like the Epson 9800, and applications which can take advantage of this paper width.
The GMG ProofPaper semimatte allows shaper dots which prevent over-inking and blotchy build-ups by ensuring that the ink is optimally absorbed in the paper. The paper has a very high brightness, a neutral white point, no optical brighteners and a homogeneous coating with a better flatness.
Advantages of the GMG Media at a glance
· High-quality printing substrates, designed specifically for contract proofing requirements
· High proof-to-proof, roll-to-roll and batch-to-batch repeatability, guaranteed by GMG
· High paper tint accuracy
· Excellent drying and ink limit capabilities
· Wide range of roll and sheet stock sizes to maximize fit and minimize waste
· Minimal curling using 3 inch roll cores
· Support and conformance to all common standards including ISO, PSR-ECI, SWOP etc.
· Profiles optimized for GMG software, achieving industry-reference quality standards
· Tested against exacting specifications by GMG
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.