EFI Solutions Enable New Possibilities for Office Publishing Projects
Press release from the issuing company
Foster City, Calif. – March 14, 2007 – EFI, the world leader in digital color print servers, superwide format printers and print management solutions today announced its significant presence at the upcoming ITEX dealer reseller and value-added reseller (VAR) conference and the industry’s “One Stop Document Technology Event” (March 20-23, Las Vegas). In its booth #241, EFI will showcase industry-leading solutions that enable conference attendees to offer their customers capabilities that increase efficiency, productivity and profits, thus giving them a competitive advantage.
“The dealer and VAR channels are critical means for EFI to serve customers who can benefit from increased efficiency and profitability delivered by EFI solutions,” said Frank Mallozzi, senior vice president of worldwide sales, EFI. “ITEX is a terrific opportunity to engage with our partner community and demonstrate what EFI products can do for their customers - enable them to print to win.”
Mark McCuen, who heads product marketing for EFI office solutions, will moderate and participate in the panel session “Justifying Document Management and Paperless Workflow,” Thursday, March 22, 8:00-9:15 a.m.
EFI will demonstrate the latest generation of the company’s following industry-leading solutions.
- EFI SendMe document capture and distribution solution, featuring “Scan to Word,” which turns a Multi-Functional Printer (MFP) into a document gateway, and allows users to scan directly to Microsoft Word or PDF (Portable Document Format) and automatically convert any paper document for editing and reformatting.
- EFI Embedded Fiery System 8e digital color print server, offering an unprecedented set of easy to use functionality, security, and workflow tools designed to maximize the value of MFP and workgroup Light-Production devices.
- EFI Desktop Professional, the Fiery solution that enables interactive manipulation of files stored on the desktop, on the network or on the Fiery, right from a user’s workstation.
- EFI Color Profiler Suite, a unique set of measurement tools that provide precise control for every step of the color printing process, ensuring the highest quality color consistency.
- EFI MicroPress color and black & white, raster-based workflow solution that gives users unmatched throughput and print engine utilization, making the most of a customer’s engine investment.
- EFI Digital StoreFront web-based print platform that provides visibility and tracking of print projects, project templates, and cost accounting, while streamlining and enhancing projects such as variable data printing and catalog publishing.
Deployed separately or in an integrated implementation, these EFI solutions maximize the value of digital output devices, ensure exceptional and consistent color across multiple devices and seamlessly integrate into the customer’s network, bringing sophisticated yet easy-to-use new capabilities to the office user.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.