Printable Technologies Announces FusionPro Users Forum Milestone at 2007 User Conference
Press release from the issuing company
Today, at the opening session of the 2007 User Conference being held at the Monte Carlo Resort and Casino, Las Vegas, Printable Technologies, Inc., a leading provider of Web to Print workflow and Variable Data Printing (VDP) solutions and Software as a Service (SaaS), announced the FusionPro Users Forum has crossed the 1000-member barrier and is rapidly closing in on 1100 members.
"In late 2005 we launched an initiative to deliver full-featured, broadly-functional, and affordable VDP solutions to the marketplace to overcome the major barriers to the wide-spread adoption of variable data printing solutions: design source limitations that confined designers to one document design tool; a tight link between design and production that required a pre-selected production workflow; and the high cost of document composition applications," said Coleman Kane, President/CEO, Printable Technologies. "The market has made it clear that we made the right move."
In just 15 months, the FusionPro Users Forum has become the "go to place" for users of the suite of FusionPro products. The dynamic community provides peer support for questions ranging from "How do I insert a graphic into the text flow?" to "How do I reference an external database file?"
"The FusionPro Users Forum has become a premier peer-to-peer support group, where questions are answered and problems resolved by the users themselves and Printable staff. As many as 8 or 10 responses may be provided to a single question, often by companies that might under other circumstances be considered competitive," said Mark Hilger, Product Marketing Manager, Printable Technologies. "The cooperation we have seen on the forum really speaks volumes to the commitment that our users have to move Variable Data Printing from a niche offering to the preferred method of print communication!"
Launched on November 7, 2005, the FusionPro Users Forum had 450 members by OnDemand Expo 2006 and more than 800 by Graph Expo 2006. The Forum achieved 1000 members by mid-February 2007 and now stands at more than 1050.
The FusionProTM Products
- FusionPro Desktop is a free-standing variable data printing solution that incorporates design, data definition, and document creation in one package. FusionPro Desktop is supports an Adobe PDF workflow including document composition from Quark, InDesign, or any PDF document and produces nine different output formats, all included. Templates created with FusionPro Desktop are compatible with FusionPro Server, FusionPro Web, FusionPro Direct, and FusionPro Live.
- FusionPro Direct is designed to meet the needs of service providers who routinely compose large record-set VDP templates and require an automated internal workflow. FusionPro Desktop can be integrated with FusionPro Direct to streamline the document composition workflow and provide process control and automated status updates.
- FusionPro Live delivers the ability for a user to edit, modify, and enhance FusionPro templates through a web browser interface. Service providers can publish FusionPro templates from a website in a rich browser-based design interface for VDP template editing by end users online.
- FusionPro Web is capable of merging form data, database files, and images online. FusionPro Web simplifies the process of creating, ordering, proofing, and processing variable data print jobs. Custom templates are uploaded to the PrintOne Manager, and composed press-ready files are managed through the PrintOne Dashboard or sent directly to press for an automated workflow.
- FusionPro Server is suited for integration into custom Web to Print workflows. FusionPro Server allows high-volume, hands-off print production or on-demand proof generation through a web interface. FusionPro Server includes the DL Queue Scheduler API for FusionPro Server job submissions, the DIF API template for programmatic modification of FusionPro template files, and the PDF2Image utility for generating raster images of PDF documents for online preview.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.