X-Rite Showcases Color Workflow in Action at Graph Expo
Press release from the issuing company
Chicago, Illinois. – Graph Expo, Booth 5418 – October 15, 2006 – Visitors to the X-Rite booth at Graph Expo 2006 will experience the company’s latest color management innovations. “We’ve integrated our combined product line to deliver technologies and workflow tools to facilitate complete and accurate color communication throughout the creative workflow and digital supply chain,” said Iris Mangelschots, X-Rite’s Vice President of Imaging and Media. “It’s an exciting time as we look beyond just streamlining color management. We’re giving people the tools they need to control and communicate color effectively, increasing overall production efficiencies from any point within the process.”
With key technologies from its merger with GretagMacbeth, X-Rite offers a complete portfolio, delivering undisputable return on investment for all stages in the production supply chain. Beyond simple color matching, X-Rite will show how brand managers, designers, prepress, pressroom and other production pros can effectively specify, design, communicate and formulate color for multi-media purpose and a wide range of applications without compromising on quality or efficiencies.
At the booth, X-Rite color experts will demonstrate real world color from design to prepress, commercial printing to packaging. Color professionals will get to see the connection of color from all stages of the production process and will be able to zoom in how their specific needs for delivering consistent, accurate and predictable color output are being addressed by X-Rite’s solution portfolio and how to quickly achieve high Return on Investment.
Show attendees will get to see the latest X-Rite color devices and software, including:
* New – PlateScope - Designed to be the world’s most accurate plate process control solution. PlateScope provides printers with the confidence of knowing their plates will run properly before they’re put on press. With support for standard and cutting edge screening technologies, it shows unmatched accuracy in extreme shadows and highlights. This comfortable handheld is engineered to be production-friendly with a super-bright screen linked to an integrated video targeting system. With the included QC Plate software, operators can profile platesetters, plates, presses and paper types to automatically generate proper gain curves and speed quality checks on plates.
* New – Eye-One iSis - Fast, automated chart reader based on Eye-One color technology. iSis provides fast, precise measurement of reflective test charts measuring 1,500 patches in just four minutes with minimal user effort and training. Ideal for high production environments like prepress, photo processing, high speed digital printing, and fine art printing.
* Eye-One Pro Spectrophotometer — Award-winning color management solutions for creative professionals who depend on accurate color through their workflow. Available in a variety of configurations, Eye-One solutions can create and edit color profiles for all color devices including scanners, monitors, digital cameras, digital projectors and printers.
* Eye-One iO — Fast, versatile, automated scanning table that can be added to any Eye-One Pro device for hands-free, accurate test chart reading on various substrates up to 10 mm, from ultrathin poly, to fine art rag or even the thickest corrugated materials.
* DTP70 / 41 — Dedicated, fast automated reflective and transmissive chart reader ideal for prepress, print for pay and fine art printing, as well as operators in high speed digital printing and photo processing environments. Users have option to switch between UV filter and non-UV filter.
* Advanced Profiling Software — Designed for the most color critical professionals, X-Rite’s high-end color management software, MonacoPROFILER and ProfileMaker5 ensure accurate and consistent color for all the devices used in professional capture, design, prepress and pressroom applications—including monitors, digital studio cameras and all types of printers, including RGB, CMYK, HexaChrome and n-Color.
* ProfileMaker 5 Packaging — Software is designed to automate the complex separations common when doing multicolor packaging work via 1-click separations and soft-proofing plug-ins for Adobe Photoshop. Unique GOP (generic output profiler) technology provides ability to measure just the new spot colors and recalculate profile without producing new test charts, critical in multicolor environments.
* IntelliTrax and IntelliTrax ICC —The incredibly fast scanning system for press-side color control. Sheetfed commercial and folding carton printers can easily measure colorbars, adjust their printing process and maximize productivity and profitability during make-ready and production. IntelliTrax also ties back to prepress with the ability to measure targets and create ICC profiles in a snap.
* Handhelds — Whether it’s dot measurement, density, paper analysis color or process control, X-Rite has a handheld device that will click and capture the data needed to keep things running smoothly. Our 530, 939 and DensiEye 700 and SpectroEye offer a complete range of quick, precise pressroom color control and management solutions.
* vipPAQ — Real-time, inline production control and QA—It’s the first inline densitometric color measuring system optimized for production control and quality assurance in flexography and gravure printing, providing a higher-performance alternative to camera-based systems for inline inspection of prints.
* Ink Formulation and X-RiteColor Master — Provides faster, more accurate ink formulations, even on mirroring substrates, plus ink leftover reduction functionality
* Color Quality 5 — Consistent color quality for ink and print production, store all data for a job in a single place – including references, color standards, tolerances, measurement conditions and any other important order details.
Also at the X-Rite booth, visitors can test their color vision with the industry-standard Munsell FM 100 Hue test. Attendees can see for themselves in this simple ten-minute test if their color vision is both accurate and discriminating.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.