New Versions of Agfa's Workflow and Project Management Software Make Canadian Debut
Press release from the issuing company
Toronto - October 31, 2007 - Agfa Graphics announced today its line-up of products and solutions to be demonstrated at Graphics Canada (booth #3412). Graphics Canada is the nation's largest and longest-running industry showcase and is being held November 8-10, 2007 at the International Centre in Toronto.
Among the products and technologies to be demonstrated and discussed at the Agfa Graphics exhibit include:
- :ApogeeX 4.0 - This is the Canadian debut of the newest release of the popular workflow. Among the new features are the inclusion of Adobe's PDF print engine and enhanced automation of pages and plates. Agfa will also have a regional :ApogeeX users meeting during the show;
- :ApogeeX InkSave - Being shown for the first time in Canada is the integration of InkSave into the :ApogeeX workflow. InkSave helps printers increase press stability, better compensate the visual effect of mis-registration errors, shorten drying times for faster makereadies, and save on ink;
- :Delano 3.0 with StreamProof - This is the Canadian debut of the latest version of :Delano, Agfa's project management software. It includes easier uploading of content and automatic conversion of spot colors to CMYK. :Delano will be demonstrated with StreamProof for remote contract soft proofing;
- :Anapurna M - Agfa's entry-level wide-format industrial inkjet printer, which will be running live at the booth;
- :Azura chemistry-free plates and :C95 clean-out unit - The market-leading chemistry-free :Azura plate will be demonstrated at the show along with the :C95 clean-out unit. :Azura eliminates chemical processing and supports a more environmentally friendly solution by significantly reducing liquid waste in the plate creating process.
- : Avalon LF - This popular platesetter improves output quality and increases productivity thanks to Agfa's HD Imaging Head, automatic calibration and an advanced operator control terminal;
- :Energy Elite - A true no-bake thermal plate offering run lengths up to 500,000 impressions, and winner of a 2007 InterTech technology award;
"Our products and solutions are designed to meet many tough challenges in today's competitive marketplace. What we are bringing with us to the International Centre will help graphics companies save time and money, improve workflow and enhance creativity," said Jack Baraczek, director of Agfa Graphics, Canada. "We will have representatives, technical experts, consultants and customers at the booth to show visitors how they can begin to achieve more of their marketing and production goals with our newest tools including workflow, project management, and inkjet printing and proofing."
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.