Xplor launches Document University for Ongoing Education
Press release from the issuing company
Torrance, CA; August 13, 2006 -- Xplor International, the worldwide electronic document systems association, has announced the Xplor Document University, an ongoing program of technical, executive, and professional development programs and products designed to provide members and the electronic document industry with education tools needed to excel in today's professional environment.
In addition to its annual Global Conference, Xplor will be offering educational programs to provide members and the industry at large with year-round educational opportunities.
* Webinars: starting in the fourth quarter of 2006, Xplor will begin a series of educational webinars spanning a variety of topics both in document technology and professional development. In addition to webinars, Xplor will also offer educational content delivery including podcasts, video, and audio downloads
* E-Document Network: a global networking tool for linking up with other Xplor members for peer-to-peer knowledge exchange and problem solving. University Membership will promote involvement of professors and students in colleges and universities while providing educational scholarships to the Global Conference in Miami Beach.
* Educational programming: Xplor Document University will provide education content both within and outside Xplor's community to help promote and educate the document industry
* Online training: working with several organizations, Xplor will offer a variety of accredited courses generated by Xplor and other associations in addition to its own EDP program
* Virtual technology councils: a new concept that will allow members and vendor partners to work together in developing new products and strategies
* Chapter and regional content: as an extension of the Miami Beach conference, the Xplor Document University will also make available meeting content for its 38 chapters and 10 regions around the world
"Over the last two years we have talked with members, vendor partners, and industry experts. At our February conference, we forged alliances with 10 other associations, users groups, and third parties to produce seven 'best of the best' unique conferences," says Skip Henk, EDP, president and CEO of Xplor International. "Capitalizing on that success and methodology, The Document University will provide the best educational content when and where our members and the industry need it."
In addition, Xplor's Document University will feature major changes in format to the association's annual Global Conference, including simplification of the conference curricula that includes 22 individual courses targeted at executive and senior level management, recommenders, consultants, influencers, technical staff, implementers, operations, and sales personnel. The courses will be segmented by topic and geared towards variable data and transactional, as well as commercial printers and creative professionals. The conference will take place February 28 through March 4, 2007 in conjunction with Graphics of the Americas at the Miami Beach Convention Center.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.