GASC Announces Free Seminars In Mailing & Fulfillment, Wide Format Showcase Areas
Press release from the issuing company
Visitors to this October’s GRAPH EXPO and CONVERTING EXPO in Chicago can take advantage of an extensive program of free educational sessions designed to help them assess market opportunities and new technologies for mailing, fulfillment, and wide format digital output.
The free sessions will take place right on the show floor, in the two distinctive showcase areas Graphic Arts Show Company (GASC) is devoting to these vital specialties. The Mailing & Fulfillment Center will bring together more than 50 companies filling more than 30,000 square feet of displays, while the Wide Format Pavilion will cover nearly 25,000 square feet and showcase products and services from more than 30 firms.
Each pavilion includes a 60-seat theater in which sessions presented by many of the exhibitors in the showcase areas will be staged throughout the four days of the show’s run.
“Our goal in each of these pavilions is to offer, side by side, the latest technologies and the knowledge attendees need to make use of those technologies,” says GASC President Ralph Nappi.
The Mailing & Fulfillment Center Theater will offer sessions on these topics:
- Trends in Mail Processing, Peter Jones, Vertical Market Director, BÖWE BELL + HOWELL
- What You Need To Know About Cameras and Matching Systems!, Glenn Toole, Vice President of Sales and Marketing, MCS, Inc.
- Offering Mailing Services, David R. Currie, National Sales Manager Addressing Systems, Hasler, Inc.
- How to Make “Read and Print” and Disguised Mail Applications More Secure, John Harvey, Managing Director, Formscan, Inc.
- Lightweight Parcel Fulfillment for Less: How to Profit from Discounted Bulk Mail Postage Rates and Track Every Package, J. Jeffery Peoples, President, Window Book, Inc.
- How to Make Your Business More Profitable, Michael Maselli, Director, Business Management, BOWE BELL + HOWELL
- Ways to Save on Postage in a Time of Rate Increases, Ted D. Seward, BCC Software Inc.
- Generating Profits From Mailing Centers, Nick von der Wense, Vice President, Rena Systems, Inc.
- Mailing Services…A Natural Addition for Printers!, Ted D. Seward, BCC Software Inc.
- Building A Solid Address Quality Foundation, Christopher Lien, Director of Commercial Mail Marketing, Business Objects
- Total Personalization – The Envelope Please: Take Your Mailing Applications to the Next level of Personalization, Ross Eberlin, Business Solutions Manager, BÖWE BELL + HOWELL
- Protecting Your Critical Data, Todd Joslyn, Vice President – US Sales, Videk, Inc.
- Managing Profitable Mailing Operations: How to Decrease Costs & Increase Accountability, J. Jeffery Peoples, President, Window Book, Inc.
- A Common Sense Approach to Building an ADF, Nick Khatri, World Wide Marketing Manager and Chris Walker, Channel Sales Manager, Emtex Software, Inc. (A Pitney Bowes Company)
In the Wide Format Pavilion, visitors will find an Innovation Gallery showing creative and distinctive applications of digital inkjet technologies. In addition, the Wide Format Theater will offer educational sessions addressing:
- Using Digital Die Cutting to Finish Irregular Shaped Short Run Graphics, Steve Aranoff, Business Development Director, Mikkelsen Graphic Engineering
- Optimizing your RIP to Optimize Business Efficiencies, Walter Noot, President and CEO, ONYX Graphics
- Digital Tools for Delivering Quality Prints, Kimberly Brown-Azzarello, Large Format Application Specialist, HP, Large-Format Printing
- Commercial Print Applications for Solvent Printing and Packaging Proofing Using UV Inkjet, Steve Urmano, Marketing Manager, Mimaki
- Finding the Right RIP for Your Wide Format Printer and Workflow, Kent J. Villarreal, Director, Workflow and Wide Format Analysis, Bertl
- Printing on Wood, Stone, Metal, Tiles and Other 3-D Surfaces, Dr. Nicholas Hellmuth, FLAAR, Director, Large Format Digital Imaging Division, Center for Applied Technology, Bowling Green State University
- Profitable Color Relationships:Creating a Collaborative Work Environment using the World-Wide Web, Mark Blundell, CEO, SA International
- New Markets and Specialty Applications for Digital Printing, Laura Wilson, Product Manager, Roland DGA
- Understanding Digital Textiles, Dwight Bessette and David Conrad Product Managers, Neschen Americas
- Color Management for the Real World of Large Format Printing, Tony Miller, Product Manager, Roland DGA
- Superwide Format Digital Printing; a Big Opportunity for Print Providers, Michael Wozny, Product Marketing Manager, EFI-VUTEk
- Wide Format Inkjet Printing for the Offset Commercial Printer, Heather Willovit, Wide Format Graphics Technical Manager, Pitman
The 45-minute sessions are geared toward graphic communications professionals exploring or expanding their expertise in the mailing, fulfillment or wide format business sectors, and offer a wealth of practical, specific take home information that goes beyond the hype and gets to the issues that affect everyday operations in these areas.
Attendees can then meet with the speaker in their nearby booth to ask specific questions regarding product, supply or process references presented in the sessions, and see the equipment first hand conveniently.
GRAPH EXPO and CONVERTING EXPO takes place October 15-18 at McCormick Place. It is expected to fill nearly 440,000 net square feet of exhibit space, the largest national exhibition in the U.S. since 2000.
Complete information and online registration for both the exhibition and paid seminars are available at www.graphexpo.com.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.