In-Depth, Take-Home Knowledge Is The Promise Of Hands-On Computer Labs At Graph Expo
Press release from the issuing company
“Hands-on” is often the best way to acquire or polish technical skills, and this fall’s GRAPH EXPO and CONVERTING EXPO is ready to help industry professionals master their most important tools with a series of practical, guided computer lab sessions.
The eight “hands-on sessions” are among the nearly 70 seminars comprising the educational program at the year’s biggest printing and graphic communications exhibition, which will be held October 15-18 at McCormick Place in Chicago.
Each lab session will place participants at a Mac workstation, where they will be guided by an expert through such processes as color profiling, photo retouching, preflight and file repair, and workflow management. Session leaders include highly-experienced, skilled instructors from Rochester Institute of Technology, California Polytechnic State University, PIA/GATF and several well-known industry consultancies.
Complete information about the GRAPH EXPO and CONVERTING EXPO educational program is available online at www.graphexpo.com, along with online registration for both the seminars and the exhibition.
The eight hands-on computer lab sessions are:
- Color Image Evaluation, Correction and Adjustment with Taz Tally, Taz Tally Seminars
- Photoshop Before & After Makeovers: Production Techniques for Improving, Repairing & Enhancing Images with Taz Tally, Taz Tally Seminars
- Image Retouching and Restoration with Patti Russotti, RIT
- Bring InDesign CS2 Into Your Workflow, with Lorraine Donegan, CalPoly
- Creating Print-Ready Files That Work Every Time with Joe Marin, PIA/GATF
- Preflight & File Repair—Get Your Hands Dirty With The Tools Of The Trade! with Julie Shafer, PIA/GATF
- Color Management Applications with Joe Suffoletto, PIA/GATF
- Prolific Profiling—Getting Color Right Every Time, with Richard Adams, Graphic Intelligence Agency GRAPH EXPO and CONVERTING EXPO will also offer a series of general sessions open to all attendees free of charge. Advance registration for these sessions is not required, but participants are urged to come early to be sure of seating.
The free sessions at the show are:
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 15:
The Great “15 minute” Debates: A series of four 15-minute mini-debates on key industry topics. – Moderated by Frank Romano
MONDAY, OCTOBER 16:
Adobe Presents - Learn How Adobe PDF Print Engine Streamlines Your Print Production Workflow
Kodak Presents - Unified Workflow
Vutek Presents - Profitable Print Shops Require the Best Printers and Processes
Curmudgeons Revenge: The Industry through Old Eyes and New Thinking – Moderated by Frank Romano
TUESDAY, OCTOBER 17:
Adobe Presents - Getting the Most from Adobe Creative Suite for Print Production
Fujifilm/Enovation - Achieving Color Excellence
Kodak Presents - Business Growth Digital Printing Applications
Additionally, there are 13+ free sessions in each of the two specialty theaters, in the Wide Format Pavilion and in the Mailing & Fulfillment Center, presented by top manufacturers representatives and consultants that offer the opportunity to learn about expanding or diversifying into these specialty areas as well. Full schedules for these and all educational sessions are available at www.graphexpo.com.
WhatTheyThink is the global printing industry's leading independent media organization with both print and digital offerings, including WhatTheyThink.com, PrintingNews.com and WhatTheyThink magazine versioned with a Printing News and Wide-Format & Signage edition. Our mission is to provide cogent news and analysis about trends, technologies, operations, and events in all the markets that comprise today’s printing and sign industries including commercial, in-plant, mailing, finishing, sign, display, textile, industrial, finishing, labels, packaging, marketing technology, software and workflow.